  • Re: Question about Compound Interest and Debt

    Tues. 12/06/26 12:20 EDT . post #184 [quote user="Autolykos"] I understand that compound interest means interest is charged not only on the principal (the original loan amount), but also on the interest already paid on the loan.[/quote]I think this is wrong. You don't pay interest on interest...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by MMMark on Tue, Jun 26 2012
  • Do Time Deposits create money?

    I have been looking around on this site for an answer to such a question, but I cannot a definite one. By time deposit I mean this: The depositor puts $100 in the bank, but cannot touch it for say 5 years. During that period, the bank loans out the $100. After 5 years, assuming the bank did not make...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by tcostel on Fri, Jun 17 2011
  • Would I be better off keeping my house?

    I foolishly bought a duplex at the height of the bubble about 5 years ago. it obviously has fallen in market value since my purchase. it is valued well below what i owe on it. fortunately, I have had little trouble renting out the upper unit while I occupied the lower. that have covered more than half...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by prattleon on Mon, Feb 8 2010
  • "Sound" banks?

    Had a question for anyone who could give a half-way descent answer to it - If the idea of sound money is growing, then why aren't there (to my knowledge) any "sound" banks or credit unions? What I mean by this is, at a minimum, is banks who hold the value of money equal to deposits? Or...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Nikhil Kumra on Wed, Oct 28 2009
  • Re: Fractional reserve banking

    I think this will answer your question if it hasn't been answered already. Hopefully someone will get some use out of the information at least. I deposit money into a checking account at a bank (money in the Austrian sense). This is a demand deposit, which means that the funds must be immediately...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Carter on Tue, Feb 10 2009
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)