Showing related tags and posts for the Current Events forum. See all tags in the site
  • New attempt to debunk ABCT

    Happened to see this link posted on Wenzel's blog to a very recent research paper from Notre Dame University: http://nd.edu/~jwolff2/Research_files/Lester_Wolff_Austro_VAR_Aug_27.pdf Here's the abstract: Austrian Business Cycle Theory, as espoused by Mises (1912,1949) and Hayek (1935), predicts...
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by myhumangetsme on Wed, Sep 5 2012
  • Re: Is the human population decline in the near future ?

    Check out the documentary Demographic Winter . It features the Nobel Prize-winning Chicago economist Gary Becker , inter alii . It shows how economists are predicting a peak in world population by circa 2050. I am wondering what Austrian economists would think of this. Do they see a negative effect on...
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Alan Aversa on Sun, Dec 25 2011
  • Swiss Mises Institute - www.mises.ch

    Dear Mises friends It is also my pleasure to bring your awareness to our newly founded association in Switzerland - the Swiss Mises Institute which you can now reach under http://www.mises.ch. We started out with German only, but do plan to translate all the contents also in English, French and Italian...
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Aroux on Tue, Oct 26 2010
  • Jim Rogers at Mises (Supporters Summit): any video?

    I understand Jim Rogers was on hand at this weekend's Supporters Summit in Auburn to accept the Schlarbaum Prize for his lifetime defense of liberty. I see there are some speaker videos from the event up on Mises' UStream channel , but I don't see any video of Rogers. Does anyone know if...
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by David on Sun, Oct 10 2010
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)