  • Re: Dumping the dollar?

    [quote user="zeev"]In 1980, when gold hit $870/oz, silver went above $50/oz, oil was at record highs, interest rates were north of 20%, and dollar was in hyper-inflationary free fall, the feds did something unprecedented. They coerced oil-producing nations to accept only dollars for oil, at...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Charles Anthony on Tue, Oct 30 2007
  • Re: Fiat Money

    The Dollar is not entirely fiat. The explanation that the dollar is held up by "faith in government" is only partly correct. Americans use the dollar because our Government tells us to, and we have faith that our Government will turn its guns against us if we don't. But this does not explain...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Bostwick on Tue, Sep 18 2007
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)