Showing related tags and posts for the Forums application. See all tags in the site
  • An Open Letter To Pastor Rick Warren On the Non-Aggression Principle

    So I saw that stupid "Faith and Politics" forum with Barack O'Cain and Rev. Rick Warren, a man I respect far more than either one. However, I think Rick is too pro-statist (even though I heard tales that he was a Mises.org fan, although I wonder if that really was him or somebody posing...
    Posted to General (Forum) by ThePostmaster on Sat, Aug 16 2008
  • Re: Fear and Losing Control

    The full sentence was: Just because that one is favoring the idea of liberty, doesn't mean that we have to embrace every single bomb planter that opposes government, now does it? It's seems that your whole reason for not acknowledging the positive role christianity played in Western history boils...
    Posted to General (Forum) by Torsten on Mon, Jul 21 2008
  • Re: Fear and Losing Control

    [quote user="Juan"][quote user="Torsten"] [quote user="Juan"] Well, what about looking up the history of the catholic church for starters ? [/quote] That's a claim, not even an example let alone does this explain the point you possibly were trying to make [/quote] I...
    Posted to General (Forum) by Torsten on Sun, Jul 20 2008
  • Re: Religious anarchists; please explain

    [quote user="Carl"]Crimes are immorals acts.[/quote] In my county, I would be guilty of a crime if I had in my possession a snake longer than 6 feet in length. Could you explain to me why the crime of owning a snake greater than 6 feet long is an immoral act? [quote user="Carl"] quit...
    Posted to General (Forum) by GoRonPaul on Tue, Mar 4 2008
  • Re: Religious anarchists; please explain

    [quote user="Carl"] Henry Hazlitt would tell you to your face that economic freedom can not exist without good laws. [/quote] Good laws/rules/policies can exist without government. Walmart has a really good return policy. Is that because the government pointed a gun at them and said you must...
    Posted to General (Forum) by GoRonPaul on Tue, Feb 19 2008
  • Re: The untenability of Christian Anarchism

    [quote user="reidbump"]I refer to other supporting facts, namely that God Himself has a government. From the New Testament we know that God sent Christ, who called Apostles and Seventies to run his Church. God delegates to Christ and Christ delegates to prophets, teachers, priests, etc. In...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by David V on Wed, Jan 9 2008
  • Re: The right to abandon & neglect children

    [quote user="Nathyn"]Also, you can't be a Christian, at least not a believer in the golden rule, because the golden rule implies mutual respect for eachothers' well-being...It is positive. The golden rule is: "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"[/quote]Insofar...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by allixpeeke on Wed, Dec 12 2007
Page 3 of 3 (27 items) < Previous 1 2 3