Showing related tags and posts for the Economics group. See all tags in the site
  • Is there enough gold in the world to go back to a gold standard?

    I saw this on an anti-Ron Paul site today. Some marxist said if America goes back to the gold standard it would either have to buy up all the gold on earth or it would have to find a way to take money out of circulation in order for the amount of money to equal the amount of gold. Is this true?
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Freedom4Me73986 on Sat, Jul 16 2011
  • Dumping the dollar?

    The Ron Paul campaign has lots of people talking about the perils of a debased US dollar. One concern bandied about is that foreign holders of US bonds like China, Japan, Saudi Arabia, etc, will eventually dump their copious supplies of US bonds in favor of a higher return in a different currency, upon...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by MikeL on Tue, Oct 23 2007
  • Question about inflation, fiat money, and the poor/middle class

    As I was educated in the Keynesian/inflationist school of economics, I have (until recently) always been a believer that moderate inflation is good for the economy, and inflation in general is generally favorable to borrowers. I have always believed in the Fed system because I thought it was better than...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Jason Dean on Mon, Oct 22 2007
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)