Showing related tags and posts for the Economics group. See all tags in the site
  • Justification for Rothbardian Punishment

    I have been trying to find a justification for the double damage or "two eyes for an eye" theory of punishment. I am aware of the defense using argumentation ethics and estoppel but, since I've only started to read Kinsella's paper and nothing yet of Hoppe, for now I am concerned with...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by ColinKirby on Tue, Sep 4 2012
  • Re: So i was talking to an anarcholeftist....

    Can the following proposition be defended on libertarian/Rothbardian grounds?: If an individual uses his labor in the form of his willingness to defend a particular patch of land for the purpose of maintaining it's pristine naturalness it may be said that he legitimately owns it. Has anyone considered...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by JT King on Fri, Jul 13 2012
  • Re: how would private courts work?

    Chaos Theory is a very good book. I read it all in one sitting and it was just a phenomenal work. I would also recommend For a New Liberty by Murray Rothbard.
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Anthony V. Ardizzone on Thu, May 3 2012
  • How does Mises's money regression theory apply to fiat money?

    This is a question asked in review of Chapter 4: Prices and Consumption in the Man, State, and Economy with Power and Market study guide written by Robert Murphy. I started this topic to ask the question and see if my response was right and also to inquire to see if anyone knew of any place in which...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Christopher Barcelo on Tue, Apr 24 2012
  • Re: Man, Economy and State: Study questions

    I don't think he has. Time Preference does dictate that people would prefer present good to future good, yes, but it must be remembered the definition of good. Rothbard points this out in footnote 15 on page 15 in Chapter one in the example of the ice in winter over ice in summer. The fact is that...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Christopher Barcelo on Thu, Apr 5 2012
  • Whom make the law?

    I favour an anarcho-capitalistic system in regards to everything: economy, interpersonal relations etc. However, one single thing is still not quite right; the legal system of anarcho-capitalism. Another thread on the forum (called "Law in "practice" in an anarcho-capitalistic society"...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Peter Simon Christensen on Sat, Oct 22 2011
  • The disutility of labor; a category of action

    Mises in Human Action: “The disutility of labor is not of a categorial and aprioristic character. We can without contradiction think of a world in which labor does not cause uneasiness, and we can depict the state of affairs prevailing in such a world. But the real world is conditioned by the disutility...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Lawrence on Fri, Jul 22 2011
  • Rothbard on Time Preference & the Demand for Money.

    In Rothbards "America's Great Depression", he makes the assertion that: "The demand for money is completely unrelated to the time-preferences people might adopt." Pg 40. "Keynesian Criticisms of the Theory." I am having difficulty understanding this. Is it not true that...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by djussila on Sat, Jul 16 2011
  • Case for a state

    What is the best case for a state that you've heard in regards to the economy? I've been told that the state is needed in order to: 1) Protect private property 2) Protect basic rights so the mob doesn't rule you 3) Public goods (like paying for defense since if everyone thinks everyone else...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Freedom4Me73986 on Fri, Jul 1 2011
  • Re: Christian Libertiarianism

    Hi Merlin and Eric, The problem with evolutionary philosophies of mind and decision making is that such philosophies apply recursively to your own minds. ALL evolutionary accounts of mind ultimately posit molecular self replicating and computing machinery as the ultimate source and origin of the human...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Chris Lind on Sun, Jun 12 2011
Page 1 of 5 (49 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next >