Showing related tags and posts for the Forums application. See all tags in the site
  • Rothbard on Time Preference & the Demand for Money.

    In Rothbards "America's Great Depression", he makes the assertion that: "The demand for money is completely unrelated to the time-preferences people might adopt." Pg 40. "Keynesian Criticisms of the Theory." I am having difficulty understanding this. Is it not true that...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by djussila on Sat, Jul 16 2011
  • Case for a state

    What is the best case for a state that you've heard in regards to the economy? I've been told that the state is needed in order to: 1) Protect private property 2) Protect basic rights so the mob doesn't rule you 3) Public goods (like paying for defense since if everyone thinks everyone else...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Freedom4Me73986 on Fri, Jul 1 2011
  • Rothbard made my new music video...

    Well... not himself personally, but, his book... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCRx-HgqzMc (I appologize to Jeffery Tucker for the lack of classical music...)
    Posted to General (Forum) by Sonik on Tue, Jun 28 2011
  • Re: Christian Libertiarianism

    Hi Merlin and Eric, The problem with evolutionary philosophies of mind and decision making is that such philosophies apply recursively to your own minds. ALL evolutionary accounts of mind ultimately posit molecular self replicating and computing machinery as the ultimate source and origin of the human...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Chris Lind on Sun, Jun 12 2011
  • Freegold and AE - Mises, Menger ,Hayek and more

    In " Return to Honest Money " ( http://fofoa.blogspot.com/2011/05/return-to-honest-money.html ), blogger FOFOA discusses the idea of Freegold in the context of some writings from prominet Austrian School economists, focusing on Mises, Menger, Hayek, and in particular Mises' ideas regression...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by J.R. on Thu, May 26 2011
  • Limits of response to aggression

    I am discussing with some hard-core proprietarians on the Polish Libertarian’s Forum . Currently our discussions revolve around Rothbard’s idea of proportional response to initiated aggression against victim’s property (let’s say a land). They claim that a victim, when his property...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Maciej Miasik on Mon, May 16 2011
  • Non-Aggression Principle vs. State Rights

    If an American State, subsidized by Foreign Gov't and Foreign Fed Bankers, violate an American individuals rights to self-rule (trampling Rothbard's non-aggression principal) would the Central US Gov't have an obligation to step in? Or do State Rights and Sovereignty precede the individuals...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Kevin on Mon, Mar 28 2011
  • Man, Economy, and State Study Guide

    I have begun to read MES (still in the intro parts), and have the Murphy's Study Guide. My question is, how does one best use the study guide? Should I read his guide on a chapter, then the chapter in MES, or read MES then read the part of the study guide?
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by Will on Tue, Mar 15 2011
  • Mises Versus Rawls on healthcare

    Hi everyone! I've been lurking here for about 6 months now and I’ve enjoyed the discussions. I now come to you for some advice. I am writing a senior thesis on the political theories behind healthcare. I am using Mises to represent the free market school Human Action with some help from Rothbard...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Reckless22 on Tue, Mar 8 2011
  • So Rothbard is okay with taking government money?

    Please tell me I'm missing something. I've gotten into heated debates over this, specifically government grants for musicians. While pooping, I thumbed through the Ethics Of Liberty and stumbled up to chapter 24... THE MORAL STATUS OF RELATIONS TO THE STATE ...This means that it cannot be unjust...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Sonik on Mon, Feb 28 2011
Page 2 of 8 (78 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »