Showing related tags and posts for the Forums application. See all tags in the site
  • How to homestead a national park...

    No fuckin clue.. My brain + Rothbard = How do you mix labor with a bunch of land that you, essentially, do not want to mix labor with, but conserve the current state of. I don't think this is impossible, but I was just meditating and contemplating (getting baked) and I just can't seem to think...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Sonik on Mon, Feb 21 2011
  • two questions from an econimics newbie

    I am an economic layman, but I want to know more. I recently started reading Murray Rothbard's "What Has Government Done to Our Money?". I am about 50 pages in and there are two things that are confusing me. 1) In arguing that money must arise out of a free market process as opposed to...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by MDay1985 on Sun, Feb 13 2011
  • Mass murderer targets family-less, friend-less, homeless people. What can be done?

    I am struggling with Rothbard's idea of justice in as much as he seems to require the presence of the injured party. In the case of murder, the victim is gone and cannot demand restitution or retribution (unless he writes it into his will). Rothbard seems to allow that his kin could demand restitution...
    Posted to General (Forum) by William Green on Tue, Feb 8 2011
  • Re: Milton on David

    -You emphasize that your are not an austrian but an chicagoan Correct. - You didn't like Rothbard, at least when its about the history of economic thought I've never been a fan of Rothbard. My basic objection to him is that I think he was willing to use arguments he had to know were bad when...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by David Friedman on Sun, Jan 30 2011
  • Re: Internet Bubble - Caused by Government?

    [quote] Was the famous internet tech bubble caused directly by government/central banking?[/quote] Yes. The question is which way it caused it. The Rothbardians think that it, and all other economic crises at all times with no effort to check the actual facts, was caused by the Federal Reserve inflating...
    Posted to General (Forum) by Kaz on Mon, Jan 3 2011
  • Re: Deflation

    Deflation has exactly the same harmful, economy-distorting effects inflation does, except in reverse. Every single reason you could cite for inflation being bad has a matching reason why deflation is. (a) For example, inflation does not happen evenly. You don't simply get paid more exactly the same...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Kaz on Mon, Jan 3 2011
  • What did Mises think of Man, Economy and State?

    Does anyone know what Mises thought of Rothbard's Man, Economy and State? In particular about Rothbard's views on monopoly, which are opposed to Mises'? Thanks
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Maurizio Colucci on Thu, Dec 9 2010
  • ABCT and the Monetary System- Summary Slides

    Good Evening. I posted a link to draft versions of the "Pocket Guide to ABCT" a few weeks back. Thanks to all of you who provided feedback especially Chloe732 and trulib. Ive posted a final version of Business Cycles and Economic Fluctuations here: http://quantsol.com/uploads/Austrian_Business_Cycle_Theory_Final_100110...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Michael on Mon, Oct 4 2010
  • Rothbard on the 18thAmendment and the Progressive Movement

    Hello. I remember either reading or hearing Murray Rothbard state that one benefit of the early Progressive Movement is that it sought changes to the U.S. Constitution legitimately through constitutional amendment, as opposed to Congress simply enlarging the powers of the federal government on its own...
    Posted to General (Forum) by Organic_Tory on Sat, Sep 18 2010
  • Re: Why are libertarians so divided?

    As usual, Rothbard has some interesting things to say about what divides libertarians: www.lewrockwell.com/rothbard/rothbard75.html
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by kborer on Sat, Sep 18 2010
Page 3 of 8 (78 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »