Showing related tags and posts for the Forums application. See all tags in the site
  • Re: Could China evolve from Market-Leninism to Market-Anarchy

    Well don't misinterpret this as an endorsement of Marxist theory. My point is only that the CPC's official reason for being in power is that they are supposed to bring about stateless Communism. But its not taken very seriously inside or outside the party, and their main claim to legitimacy is...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by haghenick on Tue, Feb 16 2010
  • Re: If Rothbard was still here would he hang out in these forms?

    The libertarian movement has really been so blessed with an angel like Rothbard as its intellectual leader.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Kenneth on Mon, Feb 15 2010
  • Anarcho-Capitalism

    So I'm doing a research paper on anarcho-capitalism and have compiled a list of resources. I'm just looking for some feedback on the texts I have chosen. For example, am I missing any crucial literature? Have a listed any texts that wouldn't be all that helpful or aren't relevant (that...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by spw317 on Tue, Feb 9 2010
  • Free Market Fractional Reserve banking

    Was Rothbard opposed to fractional reserve banking in its entirety or is he only against fractional reserve banking by a state central bank? There's a lecture by Jeff Hummel entitled "Why fractional reserve banking is more libertarian than the gold standard". Is the disagreement just with...
    Posted to History (Forum) by Kenneth on Sun, Jan 31 2010
  • I'm ready to become an independent scholar of Austrian economics......

    I want to ask you about the books that I should read in sequence. I got introduced to libertarianism with the Ron Paul movement in the internet(even though I'm a Filipino and cannot be involved in US politics). Since then I have devoured articles on LRC, mises.org and freedomainradio.com and feel...
    Posted to General (Forum) by Kenneth on Mon, Jan 11 2010
  • Rothbard and Che

    I've Confused. I'm A hardcore Libertarian,Anarcho-capitalist and great fan of rothbard but why did he write an article in which he avoids criticism of Che Guevara? I know it was probably during his strategic alliance with the left so is it possible this is why he avoided the issue? or did he...
    Posted to General (Forum) by AnonLLF on Tue, Nov 10 2009
  • Request for feedback on my new site, Murray's List

    Hi all. I've been slowly working, over the past few months, on what I like to call a "Craig's List for sound money". I think I am finally ready to tell the world about it, though I know many important features are still missing; I need some real users to keep me motivated. I plan to...
    Posted to Announcements (Forum) by JustAHappyKid on Sun, Nov 8 2009
  • Interest rate time structure

    Hello, I'm currently reading Rothbard's Man, Economy and State. Rothbard states in his discussion of the time structure of interest rates that the market tends to equalize the rates across the yield curve (pp. 445-450). I feel that Rothbard omitted an important discussion regarding the sensitivity...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by giladr on Thu, Aug 13 2009
  • Did the founding fathers believe in anarchy?

    The founding fathers believed it was the right of the people to abolish the government once it no longer protected the natural rights of its citizens. They believed in secession - afterall, the Revolutionary War was fought so that the US could secede from Britain. According to Rothbardian logic, if you...
    Posted to History (Forum) by libertyman on Tue, Aug 4 2009
  • Rothbard vs. Friedman

    Besides law, what were the differences in the theories between Murray N. Rothbard and David D. Friedman? I know that the latter came to his conclusions through utilitarian means, but were there any major differences in the conclusions themselves besides whether law would be agreed to or purchased on...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by shazam on Tue, Jul 7 2009
Page 5 of 8 (78 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last »