Showing related tags and posts for the Forums application. See all tags in the site
  • Re: Railroads, Economic HIstory, and Panics

    Here are a few links to miscellaneous, libertarian-leaning articles which might serve as starting points on the general topic of railroads and government intervention. You might want to read some more of Thomas DiLorenzo, especially his book on the history of American capitalism, and Rothbard's book...
    Posted to History (Forum) by Lord Jeff on Tue, May 27 2008
  • Re: Rothbard versus Mises

    Rothbard doesn't approve of conscription. He points out that guerrilla warfare is the only moral form of combat because it can only defend and does not rely on taxation to exist.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Yandros on Sat, Apr 19 2008
  • On the Kirznerean Entrepreneur

    Consider reading this short piece by Rothbard entittled "Professor Hebert on Entrepreneurship." It seems to me that we can dissolve Rothbard's critique by a simple terminological change. Let's call an entrepreneur "alert" if he is perceiving a true or genuine profitable opportunity...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by dchernik on Thu, Apr 17 2008
  • Re: When can the fed print more money?

    See Rothbard's What Has Government Done to Our Money . When a regular person buys a government bond, that person is spending money they had to have somehow received beforehand from someone else. That is, it must have been money that was already in circulation. When the Federal Reserve buys government...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by hjmaiere on Sun, Apr 13 2008
  • Koch hit movies

    I found these hilarious and strkingly non-fictionish: The prequel to The Koch Hit: Part I and Part II [Googlevideo:5882363510527069797&hl=en] [Googlevideo:232327054407464695&hl=en]
    Posted to General (Forum) by jtucker on Sat, Mar 22 2008
  • Sound money for Europe

    The recently founded Murray Rothbard Institute in Belgium is bringing Murray Rothbard's terrific little book on monetary theory, history and policy into print in Dutch: "What has government done to our money?" - or "Wat heeft de overheid met ons geld gedaan?". In an age of rising...
    Posted to General (Forum) by michaelbw on Fri, Mar 7 2008
  • Praxeology and Reactive Actions

    Hello everybody, I'm an undergraduate student of philosophy, economics and sociology at the University of Zurich. Moreover, I'm an associate fellow at the Liberales Institut in Zurich. You can read more about me here . I handed in a paper last week where I criticize the philosophical basis of...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Matthias Jenny on Sun, Feb 3 2008
  • Re: A video on banking today

    Money as debt is a good educational video of how the system works but it's socialized solution is something that could be compared to the FED itself. The amount of money created (liability) in the economy should equal to that of the production (asset) of a nation thereby offsetting each other and...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by 86thefed on Sat, Dec 22 2007
  • Re: I Will Not Compromise - An Open Letter to libertarians

    CShirk , You ask, "where do you intend to raise an army?" Government is not necessary for raising armies, counter to your claim. History, indeed, shows your claim to be incorrect. Not only was an army raised in the American colonies under virtually no American government, against the will of...
    Posted to General (Forum) by allixpeeke on Mon, Dec 3 2007
  • Conceived in Liberty, vol. 5

    I know Rothbard never finished the fifth edition, but still, any chance that what he did write will be released?
    Posted to General (Forum) by allixpeeke on Fri, Nov 30 2007
Page 7 of 8 (78 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next >