Showing related tags and posts for the Forums application. See all tags in the site
  • Voluntary Slave contract?

    I was at youTube today (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24nVarM20KQ) and got into a debate with someone who brought up the issue of Walter Block's support of voluntary slavery. He brought up the issue that in an anarcho-capitalist society, that there would be a risk of people signing their lives away...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by RogueMerc on Mon, Feb 9 2009
  • Ignorance and consent on the philosopher's island

    Let us suppose that a great philosopher, having contemplated the vicissitudes of life, were to deem it best to sequester his children, from birth to death, on a private island—and never mention the vale of tears beyond the shore. Would this action be morally legitimate?
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by ultramontaigne on Tue, Sep 30 2008
  • Re: What is the Downside of the 14th Amendment?

    The 14th amendment is redundant because the constitution already guaranteed rights to blacks, women, and those under the age of 18. Everytime i read the constitution I see "people" written everywhere, not "white men over the age of 18 years". The problem is that the supreme court...
    Posted to History (Forum) by donmc on Tue, May 13 2008
  • War for Southern Independence

    I made some YouTube videos about the war and what caused it. Their all just a little under 10 minutes. Hopefully I wasn't too boring. Let me know what you think. Why the South Had the Right to Secede How Economic Policies Led to Southern Secession Clearing Up Misconceptions About Slavery in America
    Posted to History (Forum) by BWF89 on Tue, Apr 15 2008
  • "I don't own myself"

    I think that someone who proclaims that they do not own themself is engaging in a performative contradiction, for they have to exercise their ownership over themselves in order to even make the statement. "I don't own myself" is a self-detonating statement. The most common counter-arguement...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Brainpolice on Sat, Jan 12 2008
  • Re: Self-defence is threft

    [quote user="libertarian"]The British attacked the US because we didn't obey to their government. Therefore, we made the British kill many things in the war. Determinists would agree.[/quote]Methinks you're confusing rational with responsibility, a mistake that Giuliani and a bunch...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by allixpeeke on Sun, Jan 6 2008
  • Re: The right to abandon & neglect children

    [quote user="Nathyn"]As I said, according to Dr. Evil, we can dump our kids out in the wilderness.[/quote]The benefits of abolishing all slavery, even looking at this from a utilitarian standpoint rather than the natural law standpoint I commonly employ, are far greater than the negative consequences...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by allixpeeke on Sun, Dec 9 2007
Page 2 of 2 (17 items) < Previous 1 2