Showing related tags and posts for the Political Theory forum. See all tags in the site
  • A Problem With Estoppel

    At first glance the estoppel argument for rights and punishment is compelling however there are a few issues I have with it. For the moment I will only present the most damaging one as I see it: that the circumstances of action are not taken into account. In Punishment and Proportionality, Stephen Kinsella...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by ColinKirby on Mon, Sep 10 2012
  • Concise Summary of Kinsella's Anti-IP Position

    I'm researching an article on intellectual property. Is this a fair summary of Kinsella's argument against IP: Intellectual property can be copied without damaging the original, so it is not scarce. Scarcity of physical goods necessitates property rights in the first place, thus IP cannot legitimately...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Drab Thor on Thu, May 12 2011
  • Is Voting a crime?

    In Causation and Aggression Stephan Kinsella discusses crimes having the features of intention,means and ends. What if that's applied to voting? Could we say a statist voting with the intent to use the means of government/government intervention to achieve their desired ends in terms of a vision...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by AnonLLF on Mon, May 24 2010
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)