Showing related tags and posts for the Political Theory forum. See all tags in the site
  • A pro-liberty strategy

    http://patrickkeefe.wordpress.com/2009/06/05/a-pro-life-and-proliberty-strategy/ The only thing I disagree with is the "vote with your hands" part for the obvious reasons. And I would only vote with the feet by moving to NH. But the rest is spot-on. Have lots of babies and raise them in the...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Freedom4Me73986 on Fri, Jul 8 2011
  • Voting: Constitutional Amendments and Propositions?

    I'm curious about the various arguments pro and con regarding voting for constitutional amendments and propositions to amend local statutes. I realize many of the An-Cap, Minarchists, Tenthers, Constitutionalists and Libertarians have already concluded that voting for the candidates for office is...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by David on Sun, Oct 3 2010
  • Is Voting a crime?

    In Causation and Aggression Stephan Kinsella discusses crimes having the features of intention,means and ends. What if that's applied to voting? Could we say a statist voting with the intent to use the means of government/government intervention to achieve their desired ends in terms of a vision...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by AnonLLF on Mon, May 24 2010
  • Allowing women and people with no property to vote hurts liberty

    How would people on this board respond to the following arguments? 1) Allowing women, in particular mothers, to vote is damaging to liberty because women are more likely to think in terms of 'the children' and therefore vote to maximize security, or at least the illusion of it, at the expense...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by CrazyCoot on Tue, Apr 13 2010
  • Re: Stefan Molyneux

    I have been reading Mises.org for 9 years, and can say Stefan Molyneux is one of the best libertarian we have today. When I read an outstanding article or listen to great podcast, I save it to my disk, in case I cannot access it on the web later. I have a folder devoted to Freedomain Radio. Stefan is...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Daniel Morin on Fri, Feb 26 2010
  • Has anybody read "How (Not) to Achieve Freedom" by Stefan Molyneux

    I think it totally demolishes the idea of achieving freedom through the democratic process. It also exposes the contradictions in the modern libertarian movement. I think it is a must read for libertarians. For those who have read it, what do you think about it?
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Kenneth on Sat, Feb 20 2010
  • A voluntaryist challenge to voting?

    I've been thinking about voting recently since there was that voting thread and have been assessing the arguments against voting.I've been thinking ,is there really a moral argument against voting? Is voting really an aggressive act? my inclination on re-thinking it is no though voting does endorse...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by AnonLLF on Wed, Feb 17 2010
  • Re: Age requirement for voting in a libertarian society?

    I don't believe in voting.I think it leads to all sorts of trouble(essentiallyh it creates all the problems of democracy even if it claims to be a republic).My conception of a free society is anarchy so I don't think their would be any voting simpy because there would be no need for it in the...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by AnonLLF on Sun, Jan 31 2010
  • Are there advantages to voting for the worst possible candidates and/or supporting despots?

    Is it a better strategy to try to vote in candidates whose views include a significant reduction in the size of the government, a dismantling of our empire, a revision of the monetary system, and a reestablishment of the proper relationship between the states and the federal government or the worst possible...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by CrazyCoot on Sat, Jan 9 2010
  • Ron Paul's League of NON-Voters

    Ron Paul's League of NON-Voters Ron Paul recognizes "principled non-voters" but had no suggestion for HOW they can become vocal. Perhaps sending POSTCARDS to your Senator and Representative and the Supreme Court declaring "I refuse to vote because there is not an inflated dime's...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Dennis Lee Wilson on Wed, Sep 17 2008
Page 1 of 2 (20 items) 1 2 Next >