Showing related tags and posts for the Forums application. See all tags in the site
  • Property rights on river - FAQ

    I spend some good amount of time on evolving the idea of property rights on water resources, especially rivers. I checked the community threads about it, but most people (even here) have fallen back on the idea having rivers treated as public property, since craving property rights on river sounds too...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by prashantpawar on Mon, May 19 2008
  • Could anarchy work in human society?

    Okay - in another forum, a side issue came up, largely because of my ignorance. While I'd love to discuss the possibilities, all of the anarchists I've encountered to date have been nihilists, with no coherent idea of how anarchist society would work. Finding a self-identified anarchist with...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Danno on Fri, May 9 2008
  • What ideology is this?

    Okay, so last night, thinking about how an anarcho-capitalistic system could work was keeping me up. I was thinking that the following things should be done (not necessarily in this order): 1. Government is stripped of all authority except in enforcing victim crimes (i.e. murder, rape, theft, etc.) and...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by shazam on Tue, Mar 11 2008
  • Re: Autodidact: The Unnecessary Leper

    I'm not certain that I am entering into this intercourse properly, but here goes: Just joined the Forum. Have considered myself to be libertarian for years. I'm impressed at the level of knowledge that I see here. But, I fear that anything that I might post will be summarily dismissed because...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Stan on Mon, Feb 4 2008
  • The Climate Change Debate

    I am currently a freshmen student enrolled at the University of Colorado in Boulder, and an avid anarcho-capitalist. I am composing an essay where I need to invent or endorse a government policy that would "deal" with global climate change for a scholarship. It pains me to admit that I can't...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Hollowhope on Mon, Dec 24 2007
  • Re: The market for hearts and minds...Is a free society self-sustaining?

    One anarchist presented to me the follow theory: Throughout human existence, we've had government get bigger and bigger and bigger until revolution happens and it shrinks. Then it grows bigger and bigger and bigger, but never as big as it had been previously. Again, a revolution happens, and government...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by allixpeeke on Mon, Nov 26 2007
  • The Market for Liberty

    I recently read The Market for Liberty , Linda & Morris Tannehill's 1970 anarcho-Objectivist manifesto. I was struck by many passages. There were many ideas presented that I had not thought of previously, and this work really helped solidify my perspective of anarchism as an orderly system. As...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by allixpeeke on Thu, Nov 22 2007
  • Re: Courts in an anarcho-capitalist society?

    If Smith has done no harm to Jones, but Jones nonetheless hires an agency to take Smith's car because, as Jones falsely claims, Smith has "stolen" it, then the agency and Jones have both aggressed against Smith. (The agency should have varified Jones's claim first.) What is Smith's...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by allixpeeke on Sun, Sep 16 2007
  • Re: Courts in an anarcho-capitalist society?

    You are all thinking about it wrong. Of course you would have your things insured. And it is in the interest of the insurance company to not pay you for the insured item whenever it becomes stolen as it would be bad long-term business. They pay your insurance to begin with and your problem is out of...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by lordmetroid on Sat, Sep 15 2007
  • Courts in an anarcho-capitalist society?

    This is one of the major reasons I do not identify myself as an anarcho-capitalist. I've read about free market courts and how they would work but (at least in my eyes) there is a fundamental flaw. Say I steal someones car in Baltimore and drive it up to Boston. The person I stole from would go to...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by justinx0r on Wed, Sep 12 2007
Page 2 of 2 (20 items) < Previous 1 2