Showing related tags and posts for the General forum. See all tags in the site
  • Question about Publishing from an aspiring author...

    I am working on a children's novel which I intend to self-publish under a creative comons - attribution only license. Thanks to Jeff Tucker and Stephan Kinsella, I'm no believer in intellectual property rights. I was wondering if anyone in the mises.org community has any first- or second-hand...
    Posted to General (Forum) by Andy Hollums on Sun, Oct 21 2012
  • classical liberalism and the arts

    Hi, Can you please help me out on an academic assignment? which classical and modern works of arts (famous novels, plays, poems, paintings, sculptures ext.) feature distinct libertarian/classical liberal themes?
    Posted to General (Forum) by Gumdy on Tue, Aug 14 2012
  • 2012 US Gold Certificate

    http://bastiatart.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/2012GoldCertificate_web1.jpg Hi, new artist here. I painted an homage to the future President Paul. I thought if anyone might apreciate it you guys might. Mises is the Register of the Treasury. I painted this to raise money for the Paul campaign. 72"...
    Posted to General (Forum) by BastiatArt on Fri, Jan 6 2012
  • Libertarian Music

    Hello, All! A more non-serious thread topic: Give some examples of pieces of music (any genre) you would identify as having a libertarian feel or sound to them. Adjectives to describe it might be joyful, optimistic, hopeful, or others you think exemplify a libertarian spirit. If you want, you can explain...
    Posted to General (Forum) by Ytterbium on Sat, Aug 7 2010
  • Rethinking art: the praxeology of art.

    I was reading a short book on aesthetics and theories of it and began a discussion of it with my girlfriend. She made some very interesting points and I'm always open to new ways of thinking about things as long as they aren't too kooky or aren't statist in any way.The way she described art...
    Posted to General (Forum) by AnonLLF on Fri, Feb 12 2010
  • New Paul Cantor Book on Mises.Org-Literature and the Economics of liberty :spontaneous order in culture

    http://mises.org/books/literature_and_liberty_cantor.pdf
    Posted to General (Forum) by AnonLLF on Thu, Dec 10 2009
  • Ron Paul Art with Ron on U.S Dollar & Remastered 'What If' Speech

    "Inspired by Ron Paul's 'What If' speech here I've created a tribute to Ron Paul's Campaign for Liberty by imagining 'What If' Ron Paul was president symbolized by placing Ron Paul at the center of the U.S dollar. I'd love to keep this painting for myself but unfortunately...
    Posted to General (Forum) by seetheowl on Mon, Apr 13 2009
  • Re: Live Blogging

    anybody know of any art blogs??
    Posted to General (Forum) by Ayaz Malik on Thu, Feb 26 2009
  • An Anarchist Comic Idea

    On another thread in the forums someone mentioned comics/graphic storytelling/whatever you want to call it as a means to communicate anarcho-capitalist ideas to the wider world. As an art major, I started thinking about how I could accomplish this. Comics lend themselves well to communicating ideas,...
    Posted to General (Forum) by Ellen M on Mon, May 26 2008
  • Aesthetic Judgment?

    Is it O.K. to joke about the taste of others? I like to tell folks that disagree with my taste that they have not the ability to appreciate fine art. I guess it's bad form to be jackin' up words and sentences, and just generally debasing grammer. I find a util in it:~ I've noticed that peoples...
    Posted to General (Forum) by Bank Run on Sat, Feb 23 2008
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)