  • Goods and Austrian bads

    Austrian economics claims that everyone values more of a good than less. However, I don't see how this can be universally true. For example, let's say that I have the choice between having my dog fetch me 2 dead cats to eat, and 5 dead cats to eat. I like to eat dead cats (for whatever reason...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Buzz Killington on Wed, Oct 31 2012
  • Writing a term paper- need source(s) suggestions.

    I'm writing a term paper for my "Politics of the American Working Class" course and the class is basically filled with keynsian propaganda and general private sector disdain. The professor says that the class is basically over the growing gap betweent the rich and the poor. So, I've...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by gilaltom3 on Fri, Oct 26 2012
  • Have I stated this criticism of Keynes correctly?

    All : I am reading/learning Austrian economics, and at the same time arguing with a friend who is pretty steadfast Democrat and thus favors continuous government intervention in the economy. I sent him links to the Murphy/Krugman exchanges, and we are discussing this. My request to this forum is to review...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by markb57 on Mon, Mar 19 2012
  • Ronald Reagan: What happened?

    We all know the propagated story. Reagan cut taxes, cut spending, reduced government, and the economy grew immensely. We all know that is horse excrement. My question is what exactly happened? I know that Reagan did not cut taxes, spending, or reduce government, but the economy did grow. Liberals who...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by tcostel on Thu, Jul 14 2011
  • New Praxeological Axiom?

    Could the statement People Are Ignorant be taken as a praxeological axiom? For this discussion, ignorance can be defined as lacking knowledge and not necessarily a statement about a person's reasoning ability, although it could be argued that this too, is finite. If so, what ramifications could be...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Woody on Fri, Feb 25 2011
  • Why I Am Not An Austrian Economist by Brian Caplan

    I have a friend who doesn't have the knowledge yet to answer this guy and I can't really check it over for another few hours, although I'm sure it's full of fallacies, false dichotomies and unsupported assertions - I find that non-Austrians are generally devoid of the ability to think...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Woody on Fri, Feb 25 2011
  • How does Austrian economics deal with software monopolies?

    Over the last three and a half years, after encountering the Ron Paul presidential campaign, I have been trying to learn more and more about Austrian economics. Despite public school education, once I learned what the Fed is, I recalled learning in AP US history about the Continental dollar and needed...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by KITTsMac on Wed, Feb 2 2011
  • "free rider"

    I have been trying to dissect the issue of "the free rider problem". The way I see it is someone makes a voluntary exchange with somebody else and yet he receives "more than his fair share". Maybe this is the case because he offered more compensation to the seller in exchange "for...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Constittuionalist on Sat, Nov 13 2010
  • The Rising Threat of Deflation by John Makin for AEI

    Interested to learn how the Austrian Economic School would respond to this article ( http://www.aei.org/outlook/100971 , also included below)...anyone know of such a response/critique? The article doesn't seem to jive with Austrian Economics Theory, but I can't put my finger on what the specific...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by tensixfour on Mon, Jul 26 2010
  • Subsidy- Solar- Cell Phones

    Their subsidization of solar panel production is, believe it or not, has little or no impact on the pace of solar energy research and development. If they subsidized the production of cell phones, new faster, smaller, more reliable cell phones would still be coming out every year. The only difference...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Sanchez on Sun, Apr 18 2010
Page 1 of 2 (11 items) 1 2 Next >