Showing related tags and posts for the Forums application. See all tags in the site
  • Which country is the most Austrian?

    Hi there, I'm new here (just found this excellent place) but I've been libertarian and Austrian since I've started studying economics and political science. I'm going off to University in the UK in half a year, hopefully to do economics all the way to a PhD. Anyway enough with the chit...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Solredime on Wed, Jan 16 2008
  • Re: Some thoughts on the Austrian business cycle

    I will concede that P does not necessarily increase if V does, but that P tends to rise all other things being equal, due to demand rising. This must be the case. If demand rises, P must tend to rise also. Other factors may negate the actual rise in P, but none the less, the tendancy is there. [quote...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Donald Lingerfelt on Thu, Dec 13 2007
  • Re: Some thoughts on the Austrian business cycle

    Nathyn, You obviously haven't read a lot concerning the ABCT. There is a lot of information in this site on it. I recommend all the lectures by Garrison especially, and the on line book "Prices and Production" by Hayek. [quote user="Nathyn"]When fractional reserve banking is established...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Donald Lingerfelt on Wed, Dec 5 2007
  • Re: Money as Real Indicator

    [quote user="leonidia"] "The velocity of exchange" has nothing to do with it. It's not even a valid concept. [/quote] I disagree. Velocity is a valid reason for price inflation and one of the problems with artifically low interest rates. When consumers save less due to insufficient...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Donald Lingerfelt on Sat, Dec 1 2007
  • Fraud and Strike

    This morning I was thinking of an incident that occured in my hometown of Rutland, Vermont, in the 19th century. Rutland was home to several marble quarrying companies and marble was fortuitously discovered just as the Rutland Railroad came to town and the famous quarries of Carrara, Italy closed do...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by TigerofRobare on Fri, Nov 30 2007
  • Contractual Fractional Reserve Banking

    Just tonight, I was talking to someone about how the market entails natural regulations, regulations which the government perverts and negates through its own coercive regulations. I gave the example of our banking industry which, thanks to Big Government, is essentially completely unregulated. Banks...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by allixpeeke on Mon, Nov 26 2007
Page 12 of 12 (116 items) « First ... < Previous 8 9 10 11 12