  • What have Austrians been wrong about?

    1. What have Austrians been wrong about in general? 2. What have Austrians wrongly predicted? 3. What have Austrians wrongly predicted that Keynesians have correctly predicted?
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Austen on Tue, May 7 2013
  • May 5th?

    Not an economic question but i figured I would get more traffic this way. There will be money bomb for Ron Paul on May 5th, the day of the first debate. Go to debateday.com to RSVP, the donations will go to ronpaul2012.com. Here is the facebook page to RSVP at http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=176057135779358...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by dbill27 on Sun, May 1 2011
  • Resources on the Austrian-Keynesian-Chicagoan Divide

    I have been having some conversations with friends that are immersed in the dominant economic schools of Keynesianism and Chicagoasm. It tends to end up with fallacious criticisms such as that the dominant schools are dominant for a reason, and things of this nature: "‎"To all of you Austrian...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by unreal030 on Thu, Feb 3 2011
  • Re: Milton on David

    -You emphasize that your are not an austrian but an chicagoan Correct. - You didn't like Rothbard, at least when its about the history of economic thought I've never been a fan of Rothbard. My basic objection to him is that I think he was willing to use arguments he had to know were bad when...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by David Friedman on Sun, Jan 30 2011
  • Looking for feedback on document

    I have been writing up stuff that I thought was interesting and related to the current economic mess. It has gotten a bit long but I really think it has many interesting things that I did not understand a year ago. I think other Austrian economist types will agree with most of it and still find new stuff...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Vincent Cate on Sat, Sep 18 2010
  • Is this video correct

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMn2R5txO28&feature=related Unfortunately the poster has blocked comments, but he in a nutshell(for those who don't want to sit through the video) that because Austrian economics relies on deductive reasoning it is an pre-scientific school of economics that belongs...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by CrazyCoot on Sun, Mar 28 2010
  • Starting out...Need help

    I believe in most of what is taught in the Austrian school. I want to learn more. What is the best way? Any books for a beginner? I've taken micro/macro economics in college but thats it.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Bestmiler on Wed, Jul 1 2009
  • Ludwig Von Mises vs. Milton Friedman? PLEASE HELP ME

    I have read some works by Milton Friedman, Ludwig Von Mises, Adam Smith, and Ayn Rand; and they all seem to be correct! What are the primary philosophical differences between these individuals, especially Milton Friedman and Ludwig Von Mises. Furthermore, what distinguishes that Austrian School from...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by StephenEstes on Tue, Apr 28 2009
  • Can someone please explain to me the flaws in the Friedman monetarist model?

    If you want to get to the meat of the question, just skip to the paragraph starting with a bolded letter. I'm sure there are many current Austrians who were influenced by the writings and beliefs of Milton Friedman before arriving at their current place on the economic spectrum. If I had to name...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Rabble159 on Thu, Jan 29 2009
  • Do Libertarians Really Want a Free Market in Banking?

    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=171697 Do Libertarians Really Want a Free Market in Banking? Libertarians, Ron Paul supporters, 'community currency advocates', so-called Austrian ' economists '...are they serious in their mission or just a bunch of milquetoast, keyboard...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by wizardwatson on Tue, Dec 9 2008
Page 1 of 2 (13 items) 1 2 Next >