Showing related tags and posts for the Forums application. See all tags in the site
  • Transition to sound money in country with zero gold in treasury

    My questions deals with transitioning away from a fiat currency in a country with zero gold in its treasury. Rothbard, in The Case Against the Fed, states the U.S. can transition away from fiat currency by dividing the amount of dollars by the gold stored in the treasury. For the sake of discussion,...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Dave Doctor on Fri, Jul 31 2009
  • The Banking Lobby

    I was looking for information regarding the Banking lobby in the United States. So far, I have only been able to find data regarding banking contributions to the 2 political parties, but I would really prefer to have more in depth information regarding this matter. I think that having such data would...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by RogueMerc on Sat, May 16 2009
  • Non-Centralized sound money distributed 'banking' system

    I have an idea. More than an idea, a high-level software architecture for a distributed banking system based on sound money (in this case silver-backed - but could be gold or whatever). This would not be under the control of any sort of centralized bank. Completely decentralized, much like the torrent...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Joel on Tue, May 12 2009
  • Re: 500,000 Libertarian activists

    [quote user="MatthewF"] what would it be? Why?[/quote] One thing? Stop participating in banking! Since banking is inflationary, a large contraction of a large group of folks would also cause a contraction in the money supply. Fractional reserve central banking, is theft against it's consumers...
    Posted to General (Forum) by Bank Run on Sun, Apr 12 2009
  • Re: Can gold be used electronically for microlending?

    i worked for a bank briefly. didnt get much out of it but i recall discussion about some modificationson clearing-function software that was being installed ormodified with this particular bank. i cant say for sure but i guess there would be a few gold warehouse branches with software designed to digitally...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by sthomper on Sun, Mar 1 2009
  • Article to refute Sweden's nationalization of banks?

    Anybody have one on hand? Thanks, Luis.
    Posted to History (Forum) by Luis Buenaventura on Fri, Feb 27 2009
  • Federal Funds Rate

    I just finished reading most of “The Mystery of Banking” and “America’s Great Depression” and I just can’t seem to figure out this one thing about the Federal Funds Rate. I know that the Fed doesn’t just “set” the rate; rather it sets a target rate...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Kevin7D on Mon, Feb 23 2009
  • The International

    I was wondering if anyone else here has had a chance to see The International. I thought it was fascinating especially since the main villian in the movie is a bank. In one scene Clive Owen's character, Louis Salinger, an Interpol agent is questioning the CEO of a defense weapons manufacturer, Umberto...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Pyramid on Thu, Feb 19 2009
  • Re: Fractional reserve banking

    I think this will answer your question if it hasn't been answered already. Hopefully someone will get some use out of the information at least. I deposit money into a checking account at a bank (money in the Austrian sense). This is a demand deposit, which means that the funds must be immediately...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Carter on Tue, Feb 10 2009
  • Do Libertarians Really Want a Free Market in Banking?

    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=171697 Do Libertarians Really Want a Free Market in Banking? Libertarians, Ron Paul supporters, 'community currency advocates', so-called Austrian ' economists '...are they serious in their mission or just a bunch of milquetoast, keyboard...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by wizardwatson on Tue, Dec 9 2008
Page 4 of 8 (79 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last »