Showing related tags and posts for the General forum. See all tags in the site
  • charging interest in a system with a gold standard

    What is the mechanism whereby interest is charged on borrowing money, in a system with a relatively fixed money supply? Assume there is $1k in the system. I borrow $100 at 1% interest. Where does the $1 i pay in interest, come from? What if 50% interest? quick answers appreciated. thanks.
    Posted to General (Forum) by copycat042 on Fri, Jun 29 2012
  • enumbered.com

    I was wondering if anyone has used or is using this service? From what I can see it is like a gold backed paypal. Would be very nice if it was legit. Any thoughts?
    Posted to General (Forum) by C. Blake Barber on Sun, Jun 12 2011
  • Inspiration for Master Thesis Topic - Thorsten Polleit - Monetary Economics

    Hey all, I will be about to write my master thesis with Thorsten Polleit as first corrector. His page on mises.org: http://mises.org/articles.aspx?AuthorId=793 Do you have any inspiration for us regarding an interesting topic that is worth to be investigated? Best regards Alex
    Posted to General (Forum) by tschyross on Sat, Oct 9 2010
  • Opening a swiss bank account or buying francs

    i have been planning a trip to switzerland for some time now, and it just occurred to me that it might be convenient (and a good idea financially) to convert some of my dollars to francs now, well before i actually go, being that it is a more stable currency. I'd like to know first, if it is possible...
    Posted to General (Forum) by prattleon on Wed, Jul 7 2010
  • How did I do in this debate?

    I think I've made what will be my final post on Economics at the Science Forums Network, as I'm increasingly under the impression that it is not worth any further time and effort, I've said what needs to be said... In any case I was wondering what you guys think of how well I performed in...
    Posted to General (Forum) by abskebabs on Thu, Oct 22 2009
  • Re: 500,000 Libertarian activists

    [quote user="MatthewF"] what would it be? Why?[/quote] One thing? Stop participating in banking! Since banking is inflationary, a large contraction of a large group of folks would also cause a contraction in the money supply. Fractional reserve central banking, is theft against it's consumers...
    Posted to General (Forum) by Bank Run on Sun, Apr 12 2009
  • A New Theory and Practice of Money

    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=171365 A New Theory and Practice of Money Introduction It's been a while since I wrote anything on this subject (8 months). But I feel that although my ability to articulate my case is far from perfect, it has progressed far enough beyond my initial attempt...
    Posted to General (Forum) by wizardwatson on Sun, Dec 7 2008
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)