Showing related tags and posts for the History forum. See all tags in the site
  • Fed contracting money supply creating Great Depression

    There is a fellow I often have political debates with at work, who is a progressive democrat fervently against the federal reserve because it's a "private bank" running the country. He believes in greenbacks, but is totally against the fed despite my efforts of explaining how greenbacks...
    Posted to History (Forum) by Greg on Mon, Mar 7 2011
  • How many companies failed in the Internet bubble?

    Does anyone have information on how many companies failed/went bankrupt/were taken over as a consequence of the dot-com bubble? I'm trying to map out the consequences of the bubble, but can't seem to find general data, there's mainly mentions of failed big companies. (One often quoted source...
    Posted to History (Forum) by Peter Sidor on Tue, Feb 8 2011
  • History of Business Cycles

    Hallo all, where can I find a history or an exhaustive listing of business cycles, or at least the panics and depressions? There are many resources on at least some panics, I can't seem to find one that would sum them up. Thanks!
    Posted to History (Forum) by Peter Sidor on Sat, Jun 26 2010
  • Question about late 19th Century "surplus".

    I am currently doing a dissertation on American foreign policy and at the moment I am reading William Appleman Williams The Tragedy of American Diplomacy . In it, he says that US expansionist policies gained support from industrialists and farmers in an effort to "open" and/or "find"...
    Posted to History (Forum) by Tyler Rouillard on Thu, Jun 18 2009
  • The economic brilliance of the New York times.

    http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/21/weekinreview/21uchitelle.html Read the article, and let me know what you think.
    Posted to History (Forum) by Brad on Sun, Dec 21 2008
  • Re: Ron Paul & monetary crank supporting him

    When you say that they find the writings of Rothbard too hardcore-libertarian, have you actually shown them or are you just assuming this will be their reaction? If it's the latter, then I would suggest showing them Rothbard's work anyway (specifically: The Case Against the Fed , What Has Government...
    Posted to History (Forum) by britainland on Sun, Feb 24 2008
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)