Showing related tags and posts for the Forums application. See all tags in the site
  • Why is population never considered???

    When considering capitalist and communist ideology which seem to be either end of the political and economics spectrum and trying to assess which one is "better", i dont think people really consider the important issue of population. In an area of land where there is very few people (im thinking...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by peachmat on Tue, May 4 2010
  • Gradual Impoverishment Through Free Trade Causing Capital Outflow

    For the sake of simplicity imagine the world contained only 2 fictional countries: The first country (C1) is very rich and powerful thanks to the efforts of previous generations, but it's current population loves to consume and consume and it's economy has 'evolved' away from boring repetitive...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Mark on Fri, Apr 23 2010
  • Subsidy- Solar- Cell Phones

    Their subsidization of solar panel production is, believe it or not, has little or no impact on the pace of solar energy research and development. If they subsidized the production of cell phones, new faster, smaller, more reliable cell phones would still be coming out every year. The only difference...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Sanchez on Sun, Apr 18 2010
  • "Private option" for government?

    I know Ron Paul has mentioned support of this sort of proposal before, but I wasn't really able to find much else on this idea. Has there been any thought given to promotion of a "Private option" for government? That is, people voluntarily giving up their "protections" like police...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Marked on Fri, Apr 16 2010
  • Tea Party 48% Obama 44%, according to Rasmussen Poll

    http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/general_politics/april_2010/tea_party_48_obama_44 Show this to your left-liberal freinemies, LOL! I also made a ytmnd of this: http://obamapwnd.ytmnd.com/
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by RogueMerc on Mon, Apr 5 2010
  • Non Enumerated Rights

    The Non-Enumerated Rights It has been said that "governments are instituted amongst men" by Thomas Jefferson. The argument for the purpose of which; is to secure rights and privileges consistent with the views of society, during a specific time period. The natural process by which human's...
    Posted to General (Forum) by opsisone on Sat, Apr 3 2010
  • Some Fundamentals of the Austrian View.

    Inquiry & Analysis. I am interested in a discussion of the foundations of the Austrian view- as the participants of this forum understand them. I have been reading in this area and I have a lot of material at my disposal; so I am not seeking links or suggested reading; I have fundamental questions...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by kalinz on Fri, Mar 19 2010
  • All Mises U content now available through Bit Torrent

    I thought this would be a good way of spreading our message freely, further, and faster. I arranged all information within the torrent exactly as it was downloaded from the beautifully-arranged Mises U that you have implemented on iTunes. I thought this additional format of delivery would be handy for...
    Posted to General (Forum) by mattthetalker on Fri, Mar 5 2010
  • Re: Why communism will work, and capitalism won’t.

    [quote user="ChroMattic"] Laborers add value to a product, but they aren't the determining factor that determines its value. In your attack against "capitalist exploitation" you gave the statistic to the effect of chinese workers get the equivalent of 1.50 an hour for shoes that...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Torsten on Sat, Feb 27 2010
  • Small Businesses - Dying off because lack of anti-trust?

    Saw this article at the Washington Post today (I know, not the most economy savvy publication). It discusses the reason why small businesses are dying out, placing the blame on the Reagan administration's loosening of anti-trust legislation. What do you think? The article is here: http://www.washingtonpost...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by ashleycsmith85 on Wed, Feb 24 2010
Page 5 of 12 (113 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last »