Showing related tags and posts for the Political Theory forum. See all tags in the site
  • Re: Morality vs. legality of child neglect

    Roderick Long wrote an excellent article on this subject. He concluded that A woman who voluntarily bears a child but later changes her mind does not have the right simply to abandon her child, but must care for it until she can arrange for a substitute caretaker. Here is the link to the article which...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by SirTenenbaum on Sat, Mar 17 2012
  • Libertarian children

    What are different libertarian theories on status of children? Do they have property rights? For their own bodies? Are they treated as independent actors? Are they in custody of their parents/caretakers? What if they are abused? Does aggression towards children by their parents makes a defensive aggression...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Andris Birkmanis on Mon, May 31 2010
  • Re: Child Slavery

    There is nothing more saddening or devastating than mass unemployment such as exists in countries such as Mexico or India. I have visited Asia many times on Business in the last century. Crime, family abandonment, divorce, selling your 12 year old (and younger) daughters to brothels, selling your 12...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Gerald Spencer on Tue, Mar 9 2010
  • Re: Do you teach your children Austrian Economics/Anarcho-Capitalism?

    Right now, I am struggling to teach my kids not to fight with each other. I reckon it will take them a while to accept the "initiate no aggression" part. Seriously though, I think the best lesson that any parent should learn is that kids imitate. When a kid randomly and frantically grabs stuff...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Charles Anthony on Wed, Mar 11 2009
  • Re: The right to abandon & neglect children

    [quote user="Nathyn"]As I said, according to Dr. Evil, we can dump our kids out in the wilderness.[/quote]The benefits of abolishing all slavery, even looking at this from a utilitarian standpoint rather than the natural law standpoint I commonly employ, are far greater than the negative consequences...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by allixpeeke on Sun, Dec 9 2007
  • Re: The right to abandon & neglect children

    [quote user="Nathyn"]Why should Murray Rothbard's property rights matter, but not the lives of children ?[/quote]The axiom of self-ownership is essential, for without it, there would be nothing to stand in the way of Smith's claim to own Brown. It is because Brown owns himself, and...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by allixpeeke on Sun, Dec 9 2007
  • Re: A question for anarchists

    Trianglechoke7 writes, "Is it then the case that anarchists believe children should be allowed to do drugs? I agree that adults should be allowed to do drugs, but even 5 year olds?" The fundamental question I would ask is this: do I own the 5-year-old? If the answer is no, then I may never...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by allixpeeke on Thu, Nov 22 2007
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)