Showing related tags and posts for the Political Theory forum. See all tags in the site
  • Re: The killing of outlaws

    [quote user="Len Budney"] [quote]The penalty for murder should be the same as it is for civil wrongful death: the full value of the life of the victim measured in money and, again as in civil wrongful death, the victim's conscious pain and suffering.[/quote] I favor the death penalty for...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by ama gi on Fri, Apr 4 2008
  • Re: Courts in an anarcho-capitalist society?

    [quote user="Grant"] Well, as I see it there are three essential (and often overlapping) goals to any system of justice: Restitution, prevention, and vengeance . [/quote]... I'd add a more social one. A punishment can serve as a means of justifying, why not to do certain things. The absence...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Torsten on Fri, Sep 28 2007
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)