  • Currency Wars - How can currecy depreciation boost exports?

    I'm currently reading Currency Wars by James Rickards. In it, he says that one way for a nation to boost its exports is to depreciate its currency by printing money. For example, let's say that the price of a German car is 20,000 marks or 20,000 US dollars. And let's say the exchange rate...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Jesse Cohen on Mon, May 7 2012
  • yuan devaluation

    I just read this article http://mises.org/daily/4256 I understand most everything in it and it makes sense but I am stuck on one spot and it might just be my brain jumping around on too many other things. "By making Chinese goods cheaper through inflation, the People's Bank of China is effectively...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by swalsh81 on Tue, Nov 22 2011
  • Are overvaluated currencies the problem?

    So, I have a teacher that says that Brazil should devaluate his currency in order to grow its manufacturing industry. As Peter Schiff previously pointed out, the USD is more and more devaluated towards other currencies and the trade deficit is bigger and bigger. So I told that to my teacher. The answer...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by rafamp on Sat, Oct 15 2011
  • Re: Book, article recommendations for understanding currency exchange?

    No book or article to recommend t this time, but regarding why China keeps buying US Treasuries or doesn't sell them my hypothesis follows: China’s Innovative Beggar-thy-neighbor Strategy! China’s beggar-thy-neighbor strategy is not a competitive devaluation of its currency, which would...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Dotsconnectors on Mon, Feb 14 2011
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)