Showing related tags and posts for the Economics group. See all tags in the site
  • Do Libertarians Really Want a Free Market in Banking?

    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=171697 Do Libertarians Really Want a Free Market in Banking? Libertarians, Ron Paul supporters, 'community currency advocates', so-called Austrian ' economists '...are they serious in their mission or just a bunch of milquetoast, keyboard...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by wizardwatson on Tue, Dec 9 2008
  • Fiat vs Gold, both crappy?

    I am fully open to criticism of any part as I am not confident of all my assertions. but anyway: It wasn't until colonialism brought unprecedented expansion that bankers were able to get away with their fractional lending scheme. I think this is because commodity based currencies worked fine in slowly...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by nazgulnarsil on Wed, Nov 19 2008
  • Re: Why have a Central Bank?

    Ron, You are quite right about both Rothschild's quote and your statement that Britain does not have a 100% reserve system. Private banks played an extremely important role in financing nations and issuing their currencies in the 19th Century, and the Rothschild's among others profited greatly...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by PhCrawford on Mon, Sep 15 2008
  • Re: Questions regarding FED's interest rate mechanism

    @ meambobbo What a fantastic and highly detailed response. Thank you kindly, your time and knowledge is very much appreciated . There is a lot to 'chew over' in those replies! Allow me some time to crunch up those points in my mind and I'll get back to you with some more questions if need...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by fingolfin on Thu, May 22 2008
  • Inflation---->BAD OR GOOD???

    I was having an arguement with this person saying that people have a misconception about inflation because they think that inflation will rob him of his purchasing power of his hard earned money. So that when the prices rises, your dollar will buy fewer goods so it might seem that it lowers living standards...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Unikkatel on Fri, May 2 2008
  • Blueprint for Financial Regulatory Reform

    In the midst of our economic slowdown, the U.S. Treasury Dept has issued what they are calling the "Blueprint for Financial Regulatory Reform". The highlights, as given by an article on Yahoo!'s website , are as follows: --designate the Fed as the primary regulator for market stability...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Sailor on Sun, Mar 30 2008
  • Swap Lines

    This is a new intiative by the FED: "These arrangements will now provide dollars in amounts of up to $30 billion and $6 billion to the ECB and the SNB respectively," the Fed said, extending the term of these swap lines through Sept. 30. Can someone elaborate on this for me? Will this make a...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by chalcedonite on Tue, Mar 11 2008
  • The Golden Constant

    There must be people on here that are aware of Roy Jastram's fascinating work "The Golden Constant". Its a book sized piece on the gold/commodity ratio from 1580 until 1976. Its a great read if you know about Mises' theory on the interest rate and the Gibson's paradox observation...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by npmcw on Thu, Dec 6 2007
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)