Showing related tags and posts for the Economics group. See all tags in the site
  • Currency Wars - How can currecy depreciation boost exports?

    I'm currently reading Currency Wars by James Rickards. In it, he says that one way for a nation to boost its exports is to depreciate its currency by printing money. For example, let's say that the price of a German car is 20,000 marks or 20,000 US dollars. And let's say the exchange rate...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Jesse Cohen on Mon, May 7 2012
  • yuan devaluation

    I just read this article http://mises.org/daily/4256 I understand most everything in it and it makes sense but I am stuck on one spot and it might just be my brain jumping around on too many other things. "By making Chinese goods cheaper through inflation, the People's Bank of China is effectively...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by swalsh81 on Tue, Nov 22 2011
  • Advantages of Fiat Currency?

    Hey Mises Community members, I'm back with another question. I've been trying to figure out why we have a fiat currency system. There is a ton of information on the 'net about the DISadvantages of fiat currency, but few resources that address its advantages. The best I've found so far...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by aelephant on Wed, Jan 12 2011
  • Bretton Woods II

    What do you think of the upcoming "Bretton Woods II" meeting coming up on Nov. 15? Is there a chance that the dollar will be removed as the world's reserve currency, thereby collapsing its value overnight? Is everyone buying gold and foreign stocks and currencies?
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by radical capitalist on Mon, Nov 3 2008
  • Re: Why have a Central Bank?

    Ron, You are quite right about both Rothschild's quote and your statement that Britain does not have a 100% reserve system. Private banks played an extremely important role in financing nations and issuing their currencies in the 19th Century, and the Rothschild's among others profited greatly...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by PhCrawford on Mon, Sep 15 2008
  • Inflation vs. Recession

    I have listened to many financial "experts" and economists on television (mainly on CNBC) espouse their opinions on how to "fix" the economy, and one central theme always underlines the discussions: that recession must be avoided at all costs. I do not understand this. Rather, the...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by richie2044 on Wed, Jul 30 2008
  • Inflation---->BAD OR GOOD???

    I was having an arguement with this person saying that people have a misconception about inflation because they think that inflation will rob him of his purchasing power of his hard earned money. So that when the prices rises, your dollar will buy fewer goods so it might seem that it lowers living standards...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Unikkatel on Fri, May 2 2008
  • Blueprint for Financial Regulatory Reform

    In the midst of our economic slowdown, the U.S. Treasury Dept has issued what they are calling the "Blueprint for Financial Regulatory Reform". The highlights, as given by an article on Yahoo!'s website , are as follows: --designate the Fed as the primary regulator for market stability...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Sailor on Sun, Mar 30 2008
  • Re: A video on banking today

    Money as debt is a good educational video of how the system works but it's socialized solution is something that could be compared to the FED itself. The amount of money created (liability) in the economy should equal to that of the production (asset) of a nation thereby offsetting each other and...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by 86thefed on Sat, Dec 22 2007
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)