Showing related tags and posts for the Forums application. See all tags in the site
  • Does Liberty Protect the Decision to Discriminate?

    For the past several months I have gone head to head with a political rival of mine on the matter of civil rights. I feel I'm presenting a principled enough argument and usually keep her on the defensive, but to date I have yet to strike a decisive point against her. I've been hoping that I might...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Goddard Elliott Lewko on Mon, Jan 25 2010
  • How did I do in this debate?

    I think I've made what will be my final post on Economics at the Science Forums Network, as I'm increasingly under the impression that it is not worth any further time and effort, I've said what needs to be said... In any case I was wondering what you guys think of how well I performed in...
    Posted to General (Forum) by abskebabs on Thu, Oct 22 2009
  • Calling All Devil's Advocates- Gold Standard Debate

    According to xe.com, a currency site, gold is currently $1056 per oz. It's been around $1000 per ounce for a while now. My challenge is this; I want to hear solid arguments against the idea of establishing of a gold standard where the fixed ratio is $1 to 1/1000 of an oz of gold. Please do your best...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by CrazyCoot on Tue, Oct 20 2009
Page 2 of 2 (13 items) < Previous 1 2