Showing related tags and posts for the General forum. See all tags in the site
  • All Mises U content now available through Bit Torrent

    I thought this would be a good way of spreading our message freely, further, and faster. I arranged all information within the torrent exactly as it was downloaded from the beautifully-arranged Mises U that you have implemented on iTunes. I thought this additional format of delivery would be handy for...
    Posted to General (Forum) by mattthetalker on Fri, Mar 5 2010
  • CALL FOR UNIFIED REGULATION OF GLOBAL BANKING...

    NY Fed chief urges global bank framework By James Politi in Washington and Gillian Tett in London Published: June 8 2008 23:32 | Last updated: June 8 2008 23:32 Banks and investment banks whose health is crucial to the global financial system should operate under a unified regulatory framework with “appropriate...
    Posted to General (Forum) by Superfluous on Sun, Jun 8 2008
  • Re: 3 Ideas to Improve/Sustain Democracy

    I agree with Inquisitor concerning that democracy is still a tyranny, just of the majority. I also realized that our country was largely a grand experiment, one with many wonks, and even though it was executed, still was far from perfect, whatever that may be. One thing I don't think people (outside...
    Posted to General (Forum) by Nitroadict on Mon, Mar 3 2008
  • War and the Economy

    Okay, I'm a staunch believer in the idea that warfare is always destructive to the economy, and should thusly only be undertaken with extremely careful scrutiny and even then only as an act of self-defense. I was in a debate about the recent (supposed) threats that five Iranian PT boats were placing...
    Posted to General (Forum) by CShirk on Fri, Jan 11 2008
  • Re: High School Academics versus My Real Studies

    Possibly they like mathematics, since this is easier to teach and test . [quote user="Inquisitor"]Regarding philosophy, I will be sticking mostly to matters of epistemology, Enlightenment and some classical contintental philosophy, ethics and the like. One of the courses will have a component...
    Posted to General (Forum) by Torsten on Tue, Oct 30 2007
  • Re: High School Academics versus My Real Studies

    [quote user="Inquisitor"]I am considering switching to a Philosophy degree from neoclassical economics.[/quote] Some of the mathematical issues I consider valid, but I undertand your grief, if this goes over the top. Philosophy is also a very broad field. So one should check beforehand what...
    Posted to General (Forum) by Torsten on Mon, Oct 29 2007
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)