Showing related tags and posts for the Political Theory forum. See all tags in the site
  • Proof that there are dumb statist liberals in the south.

    I had always hoped that the dumb yokels of the south would be on the side of Anarchism if the shit hit the fan (see: I hate da guvernmints), but there is a horrible, growing trend of these bastards that are becoming statists. Because who doesn't want free shit right? http://www.youtube.com/watch...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by amccord1986 on Sat, Jun 2 2012
  • Foundry For A Public Private Trust

    Public Private Trust GeMiJa copyright 2008 A Public Private Trust originates through a variation of state capitalism where shares of stock from corporations are exchanged for state subsidies . However, unlike state capitalism the shares acquired through the exchange are relinquished by the state into...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Monk-Eye on Thu, Aug 4 2011
  • How to extinguish egalitarian sentiment?

    I believe a big factor in resistance to libertarian ideas is the belief that there should be some degree of equality in society. Even if one is successful in arguing that the market is economically superior to government, the person may remain a statist despite conceding the that point. The typical approach...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Kenneth on Sat, Jul 3 2010
  • Was Gandhi a Libertarian?

    Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 I am an objectivist and hence my philosophical base is Individualism. Recently, one of my friend raised an issue on Mahatma Gandhi, by terming him as a Libertarian. I found it wrong and infact disturbing and I opposed him, but my friend stated that...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by GarGi-Dixit on Tue, Dec 8 2009
  • Re: Collectivist myths

    since human equality is literally false (human beings are not the same), all interpretations of 'equality' always devolve into 'what I think people ought to be like' without any apparent connection to any real equiproportionality.
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Alice on Tue, Aug 18 2009
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)