Showing related tags and posts for the Forums application. See all tags in the site
  • How might libertarians solve the Trolley Problem?

    In applied ethics there is a dilemma known as The Trolley Problem ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trolley_problem ). It runs like this: A trolley is running out of control down a track. In its path are 5 people who have been tied to the track by a mad philosopher. Fortunately, you can flip a switch which...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Richard A Garner on Sat, Apr 19 2008
  • Re: The right to abandon & neglect children

    [quote user="Nathyn"]Also, you can't be a Christian, at least not a believer in the golden rule, because the golden rule implies mutual respect for eachothers' well-being...It is positive. The golden rule is: "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"[/quote]Insofar...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by allixpeeke on Wed, Dec 12 2007
  • Re: The Slave Trade?

    [quote user="Nathyn"]If Rothbard, through his sophistry, happens to come to the conclusion that a holocaust is justified for his own liberty's sake, his entire argument falls apart because his basic assumptions about the value of humanity contradict that of just about everyone.[/quote]Wow...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by allixpeeke on Tue, Dec 11 2007
  • Re: The right to abandon & neglect children

    [quote user="Nathyn"]As I said, according to Dr. Evil, we can dump our kids out in the wilderness.[/quote]The benefits of abolishing all slavery, even looking at this from a utilitarian standpoint rather than the natural law standpoint I commonly employ, are far greater than the negative consequences...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by allixpeeke on Sun, Dec 9 2007
Page 7 of 7 (64 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7