  • Excess Reserves of Depository Institutions

    I saw that someone posted this link and chart recently - http://research.stlouisfed.org/fred2/series/EXCRESNS . I’m almost through The Mystery Of Banking by Rothbard and am becoming very interested in what I think this chart is saying. Rothbard refers to banks that are “fully loaned up”...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by JH2011 on Tue, Jan 17 2012
  • Confusion about current inflation

    People say that rising prices are not as bad now because banks are not lending all the money. That makes sense, but they are still lending a ton, at least according to this graph. http://research.stlouisfed.org/fred2/series/TOTLL?cid=100 I am confused about why prices are not higher if there is still...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by tcostel on Tue, May 31 2011
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)