Showing related tags and posts for the Economics group. See all tags in the site
  • The Money Printing Era Will Implode In One Or Two Years

    Bill Fleckenstein recommends gold above all as a hedge against money printing from the Fed and the ECB. In one or two years you'll be thankful, he tells King World News : Tomorrow the Fed is probably going to bring QE3 and meanwhile Europe is in a state of disarray. All of that will sort itself out...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Freedom4Me73986 on Mon, Nov 7 2011
  • What is the value of Gold when not used as a medium of exchange?

    Hypothetical question : If the US Treasury/ Federal Reserve were to make an announcement saying that the US will never be returning to the gold standard (and fiat currency were permanent), and the Fed would no longer hold gold in its vaults, what would be the impact? What would be the attractiveness...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by JH2011 on Mon, Aug 8 2011
  • Natural economic order

    First of all, I would like to introduce myself. I am a computer programmer from the Netherlands. I am working on a theory of money and banking derived from the "Natural Economic Order" of Silvio Gesell. "Natural Economic Order" clearly states that the root the economic and monetary...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by niphtrique on Fri, Oct 3 2008
  • Money

    Monetary Evolution: Where are we today? Commerce today is dominated by “electronic” transactions. A business that does not support the use of debit/credit cards will be extremely limiting its customer base and will likely not survive. The emergence of this form of money was the credit card...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by mmartillo on Thu, Sep 25 2008
  • Re: Why have a Central Bank?

    Ron, You are quite right about both Rothschild's quote and your statement that Britain does not have a 100% reserve system. Private banks played an extremely important role in financing nations and issuing their currencies in the 19th Century, and the Rothschild's among others profited greatly...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by PhCrawford on Mon, Sep 15 2008
  • Re: When can the fed print more money?

    See Rothbard's What Has Government Done to Our Money . When a regular person buys a government bond, that person is spending money they had to have somehow received beforehand from someone else. That is, it must have been money that was already in circulation. When the Federal Reserve buys government...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by hjmaiere on Sun, Apr 13 2008
  • Re: A video on banking today

    Money as debt is a good educational video of how the system works but it's socialized solution is something that could be compared to the FED itself. The amount of money created (liability) in the economy should equal to that of the production (asset) of a nation thereby offsetting each other and...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by 86thefed on Sat, Dec 22 2007
  • Re: How would a country get away from a fiat currency and into a hard currency?

    Currency, by definition, is never "hard;" people keep the hard money and spend the least hard. However, the problem is easy if there is a federal system: the central government is mandated to coin both gold and silver coins, the several States adopt one or the other. If someone finds a reef...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Brian W. Firth on Thu, Oct 4 2007
  • The Myths surrounding the phenomenon of inflation...

    Hey everyone, figured I'd contibute a little something to the forum here with my first post... I was just wondering as to what every one else thinks about the fallacious reasons typically given for inflation and why it is that everyone buys into those concepts rather than accepting the logically...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by csullivan on Tue, Sep 25 2007
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)