Showing related tags and posts for the Economics group. See all tags in the site
  • Guy says money creates production out of thin air.

    I honestly could not believe my eyes when I read his post. I started to challenge him, and the converstation grew even more ridiculous. I have no idea how to respond anymore. I know what I want to say, I just can't say it right. Here is the conversation, with me and a poster who I will called "Keynes...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by tcostel on Fri, May 27 2011
  • Quick Question on The Fed

    I just want to check if my understanding of the reserve requirement is accurate. When the Fed buys an asset from banks or government debt it creates however much money in the form of reserves. So the money supply should be potentially inflated by 10 times the Fed's purchase because of fractional...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Catskillgreenery on Thu, May 21 2009
  • seemingly different statements about federal reserve inflation

    this link http://hallofrecord.blogspot.com/2007/11/does-federal-reserve-cause-inflation.html contains this statement "The question on the table was whether the Federal Reserve caused inflation. I responded - " The Fed doesn't cause inflation or deflation, but the Fed certainly mucks up...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by sthomper on Tue, Apr 14 2009
  • Re: What is the cause of the current deflation?

    [quote user="Okooka"]But isn't the problem with FRB as well? Banks give out multiplied ammount of credit based on deposits, so when a crisis hits and people start to default, the money supply contracts. Do I have anything wrong with seeing it like that? Admittedly I still don't quite...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Charles Anthony on Thu, Nov 27 2008
  • Excess bank reserves

    As Frank Shostak predicted in his podcast last week or so on mises.org, the banks are now holding excess reserves. The bailout package authorizes the Fed to start paying interest on bank reserves, and they have announced a plan to do so. If you look at the numbers, the banks lately have had around $40...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by econbuff on Mon, Oct 6 2008
  • Re: When can the fed print more money?

    See Rothbard's What Has Government Done to Our Money . When a regular person buys a government bond, that person is spending money they had to have somehow received beforehand from someone else. That is, it must have been money that was already in circulation. When the Federal Reserve buys government...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by hjmaiere on Sun, Apr 13 2008
  • Blueprint for Financial Regulatory Reform

    In the midst of our economic slowdown, the U.S. Treasury Dept has issued what they are calling the "Blueprint for Financial Regulatory Reform". The highlights, as given by an article on Yahoo!'s website , are as follows: --designate the Fed as the primary regulator for market stability...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Sailor on Sun, Mar 30 2008
  • Re: A video on banking today

    Money as debt is a good educational video of how the system works but it's socialized solution is something that could be compared to the FED itself. The amount of money created (liability) in the economy should equal to that of the production (asset) of a nation thereby offsetting each other and...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by 86thefed on Sat, Dec 22 2007
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)