  • What are the pros and cons of credit unions?

    In a recent debate with a mutualist, we've been discussing credit unions and interest rates as "theft" in general. He believes that charging interest on loans is theft, except for simple transaction costs. In his mind, credit unions can then push down interst charged on loans dramatically...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by The One Freeman on Sun, Nov 25 2012
  • Do Time Deposits create money?

    I have been looking around on this site for an answer to such a question, but I cannot a definite one. By time deposit I mean this: The depositor puts $100 in the bank, but cannot touch it for say 5 years. During that period, the bank loans out the $100. After 5 years, assuming the bank did not make...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by tcostel on Fri, Jun 17 2011
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)