  • 100% reserve...where does new money come from?

    I have been in discussions with friends regarding 100% reserve banking and a commodity standard, and I was asked a question that seems simple but has me stumped. It's best to look at it in the form of a hypothetical situation: A country has a gold standard and practices %100 reserve banking (loan...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Jonas on Mon, Oct 12 2009
  • Healthy deflation

    Hello everyone I would like to ask about savings during deflation Lets assume there is 100% gold standard so that money supply is constant. if the GDP grows it means that prices must go down, for example -3% per year. some people may try to save some money in order to consume more in future. but the...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Balcerek on Tue, Jun 9 2009
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)