  • Re: Sound Money Leads To Stagnant Economy?

    It seems to me that nowadays, with the current economic situation, there is some "passion" for the gold standard as a solution to all problems the world is currently facing whether on international, national or even individual level. Taking into consideration the above mentioned points, let...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by limo on Sat, Nov 20 2010
  • What ever happened to Hayek's Commodity Reserve Currency?

    I love Ron Paul, if only because he's bringing the debate over the Gold Standard kicking and screaming back into American Politics. I hope he gains some political steam, because I bet Obama could give a great, "Cross of Gold" speech that would be fun to watch! However, I was re-reading...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Scott Grizzard on Sat, Jun 20 2009
  • Re: Local currencies, Beyond Greed and Scarcity by Bernard Lietaer

    What I’ve gotten so far is that he suggests we invert the investment utility of money as a medium of exchange. Rather than earning money for hoarding money (interest on savings), he evokes the thoughts of Silvio Gesell saying that ...money is a public good - like the telephone or bus transport...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Egoistorms on Thu, Feb 5 2009
  • Re: Local currencies, Beyond Greed and Scarcity by Bernard Lietaer

    local / competing currencies, as I understand, are the essence of liberty and will, inevitably, lead to the universal acceptance of a gold standard. I believe the usage of localized currencies will be fairly widespread within the next 10years. the past two days, I have become very interested in Bernard...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Egoistorms on Wed, Feb 4 2009
  • Money

    Monetary Evolution: Where are we today? Commerce today is dominated by “electronic” transactions. A business that does not support the use of debit/credit cards will be extremely limiting its customer base and will likely not survive. The emergence of this form of money was the credit card...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by mmartillo on Thu, Sep 25 2008
  • Re: Why have a Central Bank?

    Ron, You are quite right about both Rothschild's quote and your statement that Britain does not have a 100% reserve system. Private banks played an extremely important role in financing nations and issuing their currencies in the 19th Century, and the Rothschild's among others profited greatly...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by PhCrawford on Mon, Sep 15 2008
  • Re: A video on banking today

    Money as debt is a good educational video of how the system works but it's socialized solution is something that could be compared to the FED itself. The amount of money created (liability) in the economy should equal to that of the production (asset) of a nation thereby offsetting each other and...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by 86thefed on Sat, Dec 22 2007
  • The Golden Constant

    There must be people on here that are aware of Roy Jastram's fascinating work "The Golden Constant". Its a book sized piece on the gold/commodity ratio from 1580 until 1976. Its a great read if you know about Mises' theory on the interest rate and the Gibson's paradox observation...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by npmcw on Thu, Dec 6 2007
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)