Showing related tags and posts for the Economics group. See all tags in the site
  • Is there enough gold in the world to go back to a gold standard?

    I saw this on an anti-Ron Paul site today. Some marxist said if America goes back to the gold standard it would either have to buy up all the gold on earth or it would have to find a way to take money out of circulation in order for the amount of money to equal the amount of gold. Is this true?
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Freedom4Me73986 on Sat, Jul 16 2011
  • May 5th?

    Not an economic question but i figured I would get more traffic this way. There will be money bomb for Ron Paul on May 5th, the day of the first debate. Go to debateday.com to RSVP, the donations will go to ronpaul2012.com. Here is the facebook page to RSVP at http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=176057135779358...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by dbill27 on Sun, May 1 2011
  • Re: Why Gold

    Also be sure and check out Gold as Money: FAQ
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by John James on Fri, Mar 4 2011
  • Re: Sound Money Leads To Stagnant Economy?

    Hmmm.. it is becoming interesting... Well, in regards to scarcity of gold, who said it should be gold.. or gold only? It could be several metals, gold, silver, platinum.... (anything else?) I can imagine several weight units of every metal (1 gm, 5 gm, 10 gm,... etc.) and free evaluation of each metal...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by limo on Sun, Dec 12 2010
  • Re: Sound Money Leads To Stagnant Economy?

    It seems to me that nowadays, with the current economic situation, there is some "passion" for the gold standard as a solution to all problems the world is currently facing whether on international, national or even individual level. Taking into consideration the above mentioned points, let...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by limo on Sat, Nov 20 2010
  • Sound Money Reading List?

    Hi all, I am looking for books to read on the subject of money to get an in depth understanding of it. Here is one question I am trying to understand. I have recently started reading Austrian Economics works. I just finished Rothbard's "What has Government Done to Our Money?" and it went...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by P. Lotor on Wed, Nov 10 2010
  • Precious Metals: The Path to Free Market Currency?

    I've done a bit of thinking on the subject, and have come to the conclusion that paper currency is unnecessary. Why do we need something called a "dollar" or a "peso" or a "euro". Why can't we simply trade precious metals in the form of coins or bars? They need not...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Chris on Sun, Jul 11 2010
  • Money market securities and futures contracts under a gold standard

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBI1fv8YrzU That's the 'How is Fiat Money Possible' lecture by Hoppe In the last 10 minutes he says something about money market securities and futures contracts not being possible under a gold standard. I don't know if he agreed or disagreed with it. Please...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Kenneth on Tue, Jun 29 2010
  • Gold Standard: Historical Presense

    Does anyone know of a book that explains the Gold Standard's role in history? Not just for the US, but around the world as well. I would like to read a book that shows how the Gold Standard was used around the world, and how its application affects the countries. Thanks, Ross
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by rosstaylor on Mon, Jun 21 2010
  • Understanding Stimulus Spending

    I understand the need for sound money. That hit me as clear as a punch on the nose, so there’s no need to go into that at all. What I want to do is understand why carefully targeted ‘stimulus spending’ is necessarily bad, both under a gold standard and under fiat money. I’m going...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Mark on Sun, Apr 11 2010
Page 2 of 7 (61 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »