Showing related tags and posts for the Forums application. See all tags in the site
  • Continental Convention

    MUST WATCH the Continental Convention 2009!!! Increadible! I was crying while watching the opening ceremonies. And the speaches are great. Not all the speakers are great speakers, but the information is fantastic. All the representatives were elected by their States. It's at www.cc2009.us Strangely...
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by cryptocode on Thu, Nov 19 2009
  • Request for feedback on my new site, Murray's List

    Hi all. I've been slowly working, over the past few months, on what I like to call a "Craig's List for sound money". I think I am finally ready to tell the world about it, though I know many important features are still missing; I need some real users to keep me motivated. I plan to...
    Posted to Announcements (Forum) by JustAHappyKid on Sun, Nov 8 2009
  • 100% reserve...where does new money come from?

    I have been in discussions with friends regarding 100% reserve banking and a commodity standard, and I was asked a question that seems simple but has me stumped. It's best to look at it in the form of a hypothetical situation: A country has a gold standard and practices %100 reserve banking (loan...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Jonas on Mon, Oct 12 2009
  • Re: Krugman on the gold standard

    Apparently it seems I was banned from commenting further on Krugman's blog. I tried to tell people to read "What Has Government Done To Our Money?" I posted a link to it and the audiobook.
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by konstantin on Fri, Oct 9 2009
  • Krugman on the gold standard

    Will someone please comment on Paul Krugman's latest blog entitled "Modified goldbugism at the WSJ" http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/10/09/modified-goldbugism-at-the-wsj/?src=twt&twt=NytimesKrugman if only to enlighten those readers unfamiliar with Austrian economics who would...
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by konstantin on Fri, Oct 9 2009
  • Re: Gold standard: physical problem

    Two things: 1. If gold becomes that valuable, I assume that we would switch to something like silver, platinum, palladium, rhodium, etc. 2. Gold being an element, it could be split into individual atoms, molecules would technically not be needed.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Wanderer on Sat, Aug 1 2009
  • If GOLD is the sought after GOLD Standard....Why would I

    Hello, Perhaps this is a bit odd, or convoluted but I tend to question the obvious at times. So first a little emperical ground work and some simple guidelines. I'll try to write this in simple generalalities, so give me a brake on the fine points for the time being and as well, think big picture...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Peghead on Tue, Jul 28 2009
  • wiki article on Great Depression

    wikipedia article on Great depression ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_depression ) says "Economic studies have indicated that just as the downturn was spread worldwide by the rigidities of the Gold Standard, it was suspending gold convertibility (or devaluing the currency in gold terms) that...
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by sathyapraba on Mon, Jul 27 2009
  • Interest Rates While On The Gold Standard

    What is the difference between a Fed raising interest rates while on a gold standard or off? The question came to mind while I was reading Global Capitalism, which stated that "In 1931 The Fed responded to the financial crises in classic gold standard fashion, raising interest rates from 1.5 to...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Jeremiah Dyke on Sun, Jul 12 2009
  • If the U.S. Would Have Remained On Gold

    Have there been any estimates as to the direction of our economy if the U.S. would have stayed committed to gold? I not really interested in the answer of the benefits of gold versus fiat/devalued money, I'm interested to know how far unemployment, prices and productivity would have fallen if we...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Jeremiah Dyke on Sun, Jul 12 2009
Page 5 of 9 (86 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last »