Showing related tags and posts for the Forums application. See all tags in the site
  • Gold Crash in 1980

    I am trying to understand how the price of gold fell in 1980 and whether that could happen again. It seems to me that the price of gold goes down only if people are more willing to hold dollars thand gold. However, I'm fuzzy about how this happend in 1980. A contraction in the money supply surely...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by tir38 on Fri, Apr 8 2011
  • 1980 Gold peak from an Austrian perspective?

    What are the main causes for the rise and subsequent fall of the price of Gold from the time when Nixon cancelled the Bretton Woods agreement to the time the Gold bubble popped in 1980 at over $850/oz? I can understand why it would go up once Nixon cancelled the Bretton Woods agreement and went to a...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by MatthewM on Thu, Dec 20 2007
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)