Showing related tags and posts for the Economics group. See all tags in the site
  • Is Government Really Necessary? (video)

    Is Government Really Necessary? (video) The lively Greater Philadelphia Thinking Society discussion happened on December 9, 2012. ( http://www.meetup.com/thinkingsociety/events/85461612/ ) Below is the description of the event on the Meetup page: Most discussions about government start from the assumption...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Darren on Tue, Dec 11 2012
  • Writing a term paper- need source(s) suggestions.

    I'm writing a term paper for my "Politics of the American Working Class" course and the class is basically filled with keynsian propaganda and general private sector disdain. The professor says that the class is basically over the growing gap betweent the rich and the poor. So, I've...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by gilaltom3 on Fri, Oct 26 2012
  • Is Barack Obama guilty of murder?

    This isn't really economics, but I didn't know where to put this question. This is in reference to his militarism and drone strikes, which Noam Chomsky calls worse than George Bush's.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Austen on Mon, Oct 1 2012
  • Government Intervention Strategies

    Hello, I would appreciate it if you could let me know specific government intervention policies that you know. With what specific ways governments interfere to businesses and private sectors hindering the free market and what is their goals each time? ------------- An example: In Greece government prohibits...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by LandJ on Thu, Aug 16 2012
  • ECONOMICS TEACHER

    My economics teacher is a whole sale idiot. We've gotten into several little scuffles over the course of class and I think it's fair to say that there is a mutual hatred between the two of us. I knew I was in for a doozy when on the first day he said that he'd earned his masters in economics...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by ThisIsWhyYoureWrong on Wed, Aug 1 2012
  • Can gov. increase capital per worker by commanding it?

    Perhaps it could or perhaps it couldn't since the revenues for enforcing such a law are techincally a type of consumption anyways. Also, how does savings grow an economy? For instance, imagine that output is one homogenous sum of things. A part of this thing is then saved. Later it is reapplied to...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by fakename on Wed, Jun 20 2012
  • Foundry For A Public Private Trust

    Public Private Trust GeMiJa copyright 2008 A Public Private Trust originates through a variation of state capitalism where shares of stock from corporations are exchanged for state subsidies . However, unlike state capitalism the shares acquired through the exchange are relinquished by the state into...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Monk-Eye on Thu, Aug 4 2011
  • Legalize Drunk Driving?

    Recently I have come across positions arguing the decriminalization of drunk driving. At first thought, I thought the notion was absurd and defied common sense. Then I realized it actually made sense--why let the government say you can't drive while drunk only because it might lead to a true crime...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by tcostel on Fri, May 6 2011
  • On the strategy of persuasion, a caveat.

    There is a disturbing trend that I’ve come across lately and that is when, people of anarcho-capitalism persuasion drag down their fellow free-market libertarians and minarchists for not going 'all the way'. Now i personally would say that support the rights-based anarcho-capitalist ideal;...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Cyther Lynx on Mon, Mar 7 2011
  • two questions from an econimics newbie

    I am an economic layman, but I want to know more. I recently started reading Murray Rothbard's "What Has Government Done to Our Money?". I am about 50 pages in and there are two things that are confusing me. 1) In arguing that money must arise out of a free market process as opposed to...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by MDay1985 on Sun, Feb 13 2011
Page 1 of 5 (47 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next >