Showing related tags and posts for the Forums application. See all tags in the site
  • Man who self-immolated in Keene, NH did so in protest of the government

    Thomas James Ball Self-Immolated in Protest of the “Justice” System “I have 21 years of Army service going back to the Vietnam War. My loyalty to the government should be a given. It is gone. I am certain it will never return regardless of how long I might have lived.” -Thomas...
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Freedom4Me73986 on Sat, Jun 18 2011
  • IRS to build a TV studio

    Though the details are few, I discovered that the IRS Criminal Investigation unit is looking for contractors who can "develop a conceptual design, and then build and install a TV studio set primarily for a three-camera, two-person interview news format." The agency, for reasons unstated, insists...
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Steve Peacock on Wed, May 18 2011
  • Legalize Drunk Driving?

    Recently I have come across positions arguing the decriminalization of drunk driving. At first thought, I thought the notion was absurd and defied common sense. Then I realized it actually made sense--why let the government say you can't drive while drunk only because it might lead to a true crime...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by tcostel on Fri, May 6 2011
  • Fight of the Century: Keynes vs. Hayek Round Two (Music Video)

    I thought that the folks on this forum would appreciate this music video that I came across. Fight of the Century: Keynes vs. Hayek Round Two http://www.youtube.com/embed/GTQnarzmTOc Enjoy :) P.S. I apologize for double-posting, I realized that this forum was more appropriate. Mods, please delete the...
    Posted to General (Forum) by Chris on Thu, May 5 2011
  • A Visual Example of Taxation

    This is one of the most disturbing videos I have seen. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0ZZHGO5sXw Defenseless people being "taxed" right on camera.
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Gregory on Thu, Mar 31 2011
  • Damn Free Markets

    Once again, exploitative capitalism and free markets ravaging the consumers by making things too expensive for the average person: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41994697/ns/health-pregnancy/ Wait ... what? "But recently, KV Pharmaceutical of suburban St.Louis won government approval to exclusively...
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by AntiNeoFascist on Thu, Mar 10 2011
  • On the strategy of persuasion, a caveat.

    There is a disturbing trend that I’ve come across lately and that is when, people of anarcho-capitalism persuasion drag down their fellow free-market libertarians and minarchists for not going 'all the way'. Now i personally would say that support the rights-based anarcho-capitalist ideal;...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Cyther Lynx on Mon, Mar 7 2011
  • two questions from an econimics newbie

    I am an economic layman, but I want to know more. I recently started reading Murray Rothbard's "What Has Government Done to Our Money?". I am about 50 pages in and there are two things that are confusing me. 1) In arguing that money must arise out of a free market process as opposed to...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by MDay1985 on Sun, Feb 13 2011
  • How to fund the federal govt

    I recognize the problems with current taxation at the federal level. However, I have no problems with local/state govts taxing however they see fit. As I see it, as long as people have the freedom to move, those cities/states with overly oppressive taxes will push their people away. In fact, I feel that...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by AntiNeoFascist on Mon, Jan 24 2011
  • The State Is Not Great: How Government Poisons Everything

    It took me quite a bit of time and effort to make this. I'd appreciate your feedback. :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXNRzI64L9Q
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Jacob Spinney on Wed, Jan 19 2011
Page 2 of 11 (104 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »