  • Writing a term paper- need source(s) suggestions.

    I'm writing a term paper for my "Politics of the American Working Class" course and the class is basically filled with keynsian propaganda and general private sector disdain. The professor says that the class is basically over the growing gap betweent the rich and the poor. So, I've...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by gilaltom3 on Fri, Oct 26 2012
  • Is Barack Obama guilty of murder?

    This isn't really economics, but I didn't know where to put this question. This is in reference to his militarism and drone strikes, which Noam Chomsky calls worse than George Bush's.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Austen on Mon, Oct 1 2012
  • Government Intervention Strategies

    Hello, I would appreciate it if you could let me know specific government intervention policies that you know. With what specific ways governments interfere to businesses and private sectors hindering the free market and what is their goals each time? ------------- An example: In Greece government prohibits...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by LandJ on Thu, Aug 16 2012
  • Can gov. increase capital per worker by commanding it?

    Perhaps it could or perhaps it couldn't since the revenues for enforcing such a law are techincally a type of consumption anyways. Also, how does savings grow an economy? For instance, imagine that output is one homogenous sum of things. A part of this thing is then saved. Later it is reapplied to...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by fakename on Wed, Jun 20 2012
  • two questions from an econimics newbie

    I am an economic layman, but I want to know more. I recently started reading Murray Rothbard's "What Has Government Done to Our Money?". I am about 50 pages in and there are two things that are confusing me. 1) In arguing that money must arise out of a free market process as opposed to...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by MDay1985 on Sun, Feb 13 2011
  • How to fund the federal govt

    I recognize the problems with current taxation at the federal level. However, I have no problems with local/state govts taxing however they see fit. As I see it, as long as people have the freedom to move, those cities/states with overly oppressive taxes will push their people away. In fact, I feel that...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by AntiNeoFascist on Mon, Jan 24 2011
  • Can Statistics Replace The Price Mechanism?

    It's been said that prices are not need to manage resources because needs and wants can be managed by government better, through statistical gathering. What's wrong with this analysis?
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by djussila on Sun, Sep 19 2010
  • Subsidy- Solar- Cell Phones

    Their subsidization of solar panel production is, believe it or not, has little or no impact on the pace of solar energy research and development. If they subsidized the production of cell phones, new faster, smaller, more reliable cell phones would still be coming out every year. The only difference...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Sanchez on Sun, Apr 18 2010
  • Corporations - constructs of the state?

    I was having a discussion with a liberal friend of mine the other day, and I was speaking about the efficiencies of the free market versus the state. I interchangeably used the terms companies, businesses and corporations. He felt that corporations were often very inefficient. But, he made it clear that...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Patrick on Fri, Mar 12 2010
  • Government and Trade question

    When politicians propose that we need to a have a trade surplus, what do they do to achieve this? Isn't it private firms that engage in international trade?
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Kenneth on Sat, Feb 20 2010
Page 1 of 2 (14 items) 1 2 Next >