Showing related tags and posts for the Forums application. See all tags in the site
  • Re: What book turned you Libertarian

    Road to Serfdom by Hayek
    Posted to General (Forum) by Superfluous on Sat, May 31 2008
  • Hayek and the Trade Cycle

    I am considering a purchase, or at least a read, of Hayek`s works on the trade cycle. The three I am interested in are: The Pure Theory of Capital Prices and Production Monetary Theory and The Trade Cycle Can anyone provide some information on these books? Are they consistent with ABC theory, or do they...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by econ student on Mon, Apr 7 2008
  • Re: Austrian Political Theory

    You're correct that Hayek shifted his stance on some issues when he wrote Law, Legislation, and Liberty . According to Jesús Huerta de Soto, one can see this change "by comparing Hayek's more Scottish-oriented Constitution of Liberty with his Mediterranean-oriented series, Law, Legislation...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by econ student on Tue, Nov 27 2007
  • Austrian Political Theory

    I would like to read anyone's opinion on Hayek's Constitution of Liberty . I am aware of Rothbard's critique in his Ethics of Liberty , but would like to find out what YOU think. What are its strenghts and weaknesses? Overall, how would you rank this book in terms of importance to the Austrian...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by econ student on Mon, Nov 26 2007
  • Re: man, economy, and state... still the definitive treatise?

    My own introduction to Austrian economics came from Hayek's "The Road to Serfdom". MES is wonderfully lucid, and seems to stick to economics. HA, which I am currently reading, seems more philosoophical. But "The Road to Serfdom" seems to show how and why Austrian economics are...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Paul Grad on Mon, Nov 12 2007
Page 4 of 4 (35 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4