Showing related tags and posts for the Forums application. See all tags in the site
  • Re: I REALLY hope DiLorenzo tackles FDR next

    If you want to see FDR taken to the woodshed, go to the book Bye-Bye Sweet Liberty, by jwthinkwright, and read Chapter 19, Heaven, an update.
    Posted to History (Forum) by Scott Mansfield on Sat, Jan 3 2009
  • Malcolm X

    Malcolm X By Walter Block, College of the Holy Cross, Worcester, MA Because of Spike Lee's new movie "Malcolm X," this black leader is once again in the news. In the eyes of some young black males who live in the deteriorating districts of many U.S. inner cities Malcolm's message is...
    Posted to History (Forum) by walter block on Wed, Dec 17 2008
  • Employee Abuse By Early Capitialists

    I have this professor, he is a nice guy and all but he is more or less a fascist (militaristic Republican who is openly very pro-government + devoted vegetarian just to make things that much creepier). In class he was talking about how the government was nessasary to prevent the abuse of employees by...
    Posted to History (Forum) by ModelAnarchist on Sun, Nov 9 2008
  • Alexander Del Mar

    Upon reading " Money and coinage through History ", which I found to be quite exciting and left me wanting more, I discovered that substantial parts were drawn from Alexander Del Mar's book History of Monetary Systems from 1886. Sadly he doesn't show up on Wikipedia and I found few...
    Posted to History (Forum) by corpus delicti on Wed, Sep 24 2008
  • Hayek, M. Friedman, and Pinochet

    Friedrich von Hayek, the Austrian émigré and University of Chicago professor whose 1944 Road to Serfdom dared to suggest that state planning would produce not "freedom and prosperity" but "bondage and misery, " visited Pinochet’s Chile a number of times. He was...
    Posted to History (Forum) by GB1Kenobi on Mon, Aug 18 2008
  • Re: Overview/Explanation of American Economic History from a Free Market/Austrian perspective

    Wow, can't believe I missed this and it only got one response. Rothbard was a great economic historian, you can refer to the following works, available at Mises for free in various digital mediums and in print at the Store. America's Great Depression Free: http://mises.org/rothbard/agd.pdf Print...
    Posted to History (Forum) by liberty student on Fri, Jul 18 2008
  • "The Creature from Jekyll Island" Book

    I'm curious what some of you have to say about G. Edward Griffin's "The Creature from Jekyll Island" book? Did you like it? Was it thorough enough or was there any important information you know of that might not have been included by Griffin? Just curious about your thoughts regarding...
    Posted to History (Forum) by Biodemocracy on Fri, Jul 4 2008
  • New Audio Essay: "The Historical Setting of the Austrian School of Economics" by Ludwig von Mises

    Greetings. A new free audio essay is now available in The Rational Argumentator's Audio Section : “ The Historical Setting of the Austrian School of Economics ” by Ludwig von Mises; Read by G. Stolyarov II http://progressofliberty.today.com/tra-audio/mises-historical-setting/ Special...
    Posted to Announcements (Forum) by G. Stolyarov II on Thu, Jun 26 2008
  • New Audio Essay: "Liberty and Property" by Ludwig von Mises

    Greetings. A new audio essay - Ludwig von Mises’s “ Liberty and Property ” -- is available to listen to and download at this page . It has also been linked to in The Rational Argumentator’s Audio Section . I hope that you will enjoy it.
    Posted to Announcements (Forum) by G. Stolyarov II on Wed, Jun 18 2008
  • History of Gold as Money?

    I am currently reading Murray Rothbard's "What Has Government Done To Our Money? & The Case for a 100 Percent Gold Dollar". I recently came upon a curios passage that states the following: "I need not go through the familiar but fascinating story of how gold and silver were selected...
    Posted to History (Forum) by 2220 on Wed, May 28 2008
Page 5 of 6 (60 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next >