Showing related tags and posts for the Political Theory forum. See all tags in the site
  • Re: Homesteading Misery

    OK just at the outset I have issues with "negative homesteading" and "libertarian law" That is before we even come to the point of Block having to assume the scenario happens on unowned land- that is like Chicagoans having to assume an evenly rotating economy for their study to be...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Albert on Sat, Jan 12 2013
  • How to homestead a national park...

    No fuckin clue.. My brain + Rothbard = How do you mix labor with a bunch of land that you, essentially, do not want to mix labor with, but conserve the current state of. I don't think this is impossible, but I was just meditating and contemplating (getting baked) and I just can't seem to think...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Sonik on Mon, Feb 21 2011
  • Homesteading: Axiom or Principle?

    I get how self-ownership is axiomatic. I don't get how homesteading is axiomatic, yet I often hear it referred to as the "homesteading axiom" rather than the "homesteading principle." Is this it an axiom, or are some libertarians trying to prove too much?
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by geniusiknowit on Thu, Oct 14 2010
  • Property is theft?

    There's a question that's been bugging me about libertarian property rights theory for some time now, and I couldn't quite figure out how to formulate it until yesterday when I was reading Kinsella's "Against Intellectual Property." Kinsella says, [W]hat is the harm in. . .recognizing...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Richard Marmorstein on Sun, Jun 27 2010
  • Re: Jericho tv series and homesteading

    Explanation please. How about if it is expressly stated to be for the public?
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Kenneth on Wed, Apr 7 2010
  • Jericho tv series and homesteading

    In the tv series 'The Jericho', several nuclear explosions destroyed many cities in the US. A subsequent EMP shockwave stops the survving towns' ability to communicate. Surviving towns are thus isolated with limited supplies and limited knowledge of what is happening outside. In one episode...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Kenneth on Tue, Apr 6 2010
  • Walter Block and Homesteading

    So I don't agree with Walter Blocks idea's on homesteading from the following paper. http://www.walterblock.com/wp-content/uploads/publications/block-children.pdf He states that you have to allow a path through your property in order to allow homesteading of unowned property surrounded by your...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Sam Armstrong on Fri, Nov 20 2009
  • Re: Weakest aspect of libertarianism?

    [quote user="Sage"]What do you think is the most "ineptly defended" aspect of libertarianism? Personally, I would say NAP and homesteading.[/quote] It is the NAP that is poorly defended because libertarians commonly think they can "prove" it as a universal rule. They can...
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Charles Anthony on Thu, May 7 2009
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)