  • Re: Fractional reserve banking

    Here's a story I just wrote to help explain what the Fed's doing to wreck our economy. Please let me know if it helps. Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 The Three Little Pigs and the Federal Reserve Crisis In their later years, they bought a yacht and sailed the seven seas...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by smokedgoldeye on Tue, Feb 24 2009
  • Re: What is the cause of the current deflation?

    [quote user="Okooka"]But isn't the problem with FRB as well? Banks give out multiplied ammount of credit based on deposits, so when a crisis hits and people start to default, the money supply contracts. Do I have anything wrong with seeing it like that? Admittedly I still don't quite...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Charles Anthony on Thu, Nov 27 2008
  • Re: Why have a Central Bank?

    Ron, You are quite right about both Rothschild's quote and your statement that Britain does not have a 100% reserve system. Private banks played an extremely important role in financing nations and issuing their currencies in the 19th Century, and the Rothschild's among others profited greatly...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by PhCrawford on Mon, Sep 15 2008
  • Hoarding: Causes and Consequences

    I was having a look at "What Has Government Done to Our Money" by Rothbard, and got thinking about the problem of hoarding, or increasing one's cash balances. This may be relevant in the current economic climate if people are losing faith in the banking system and yet trying to rebuild...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by graham34 on Thu, Jul 3 2008
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)