Showing related tags and posts for the General forum. See all tags in the site
  • Re: Internet Bubble - Caused by Government?

    [quote] Was the famous internet tech bubble caused directly by government/central banking?[/quote] Yes. The question is which way it caused it. The Rothbardians think that it, and all other economic crises at all times with no effort to check the actual facts, was caused by the Federal Reserve inflating...
    Posted to General (Forum) by Kaz on Mon, Jan 3 2011
  • Inspiration for Master Thesis Topic - Thorsten Polleit - Monetary Economics

    Hey all, I will be about to write my master thesis with Thorsten Polleit as first corrector. His page on mises.org: http://mises.org/articles.aspx?AuthorId=793 Do you have any inspiration for us regarding an interesting topic that is worth to be investigated? Best regards Alex
    Posted to General (Forum) by tschyross on Sat, Oct 9 2010
  • Re: Spot the error

    Fri. 10/04/23 18:31 EDT . post #63 [quote user="E. R. Olovetto"] I think he's saying that it is "moving money out of risky investments and putting the money into banks", because banks aren't safe investments.[/quote]haha! That's not it, but it's a good point. I totally...
    Posted to General (Forum) by MMMark on Fri, Apr 23 2010
  • Looking for used Richard Maybury "Uncle Eric" books (or similar)

    My son will be turning 8 years old soon and he is exceptionally bright for his age...and he is really showing a strong interest in economics and politics. He already understands the value of collecting gold & silver over paper money, and totally understands inflation as well! During the presidential...
    Posted to General (Forum) by Erica Thomas on Wed, Jan 28 2009
  • Investec may face FSB probe following inflation report

    [quote] Investec may face FSB probe following inflation report Trade union Solidarity has requested an investigation into financial services company Investec’s claim that the South African inflation rate was miscalculated and should be 2% lower. The union argued that the directors might have contravened...
    Posted to General (Forum) by Torsten on Wed, Jul 30 2008
  • Sound money for Europe

    The recently founded Murray Rothbard Institute in Belgium is bringing Murray Rothbard's terrific little book on monetary theory, history and policy into print in Dutch: "What has government done to our money?" - or "Wat heeft de overheid met ons geld gedaan?". In an age of rising...
    Posted to General (Forum) by michaelbw on Fri, Mar 7 2008
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)