  • What are the pros and cons of credit unions?

    In a recent debate with a mutualist, we've been discussing credit unions and interest rates as "theft" in general. He believes that charging interest on loans is theft, except for simple transaction costs. In his mind, credit unions can then push down interst charged on loans dramatically...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by The One Freeman on Sun, Nov 25 2012
  • Re: Where does interest come from?

    I'm not saying you're wrong, but I have a few questions. 1.) If the capitalist only ever gets $1100 back, what is the point? That's what he started with so why keep getting the same amount? 2.) What is to stop the capitalist/bank from charging 50% interest? If they did that, would your example...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by ouchris on Tue, Apr 19 2011
  • Re: Inflation, interest rates, and bonds

    The bolded might help the most for your particular question, but these all provide great insight into what interest is and what it does, and how the manipulation of it affects the economy. Articles: The Phenomenon of Interest The Nature of Interest The Unlimited Power of Suppressing the Interest Rate...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by John James on Thu, Apr 14 2011
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)