Showing related tags and posts for the Forums application. See all tags in the site
  • FDI and Inflation Question.

    Does inflation (in its true sense, the inflating of a currency, say the US dollar) drive up FDI statistics? It would seem likely that increasing the money in circulation would, broadly, drive up all kinds of statistical information. Also, I am interested in the broad trends of FDI pre-2007 and since...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Tyler Rouillard on Wed, Jun 30 2010
  • Robert Higgs vs. Lew Rockwell

    My first post in this forum. So, howdy from Texas, and Ron Paul's district no less. I'm pretty much an economic layman by most standards, but I'm working to rememdy that. Anyways, I've read the P.I.G. to the Great Depression and the New Deal by Robert Murphy. It cites the theory by Robert...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by B.Stone on Thu, Feb 18 2010
  • Inflation deflation debate

    I am new to the Austrian economic philosophy. i am trying to investigate the consequences to the US economy to the Fed policies. In reading Tom Woods book - "Meltdown", it appears that we are headed for a strong deflationary cycle. If that is true, gold and other hard assets will decline in...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Hoch577 on Sun, Jan 24 2010
  • eBay - a good place to buy gold?

    Anyone ever used eBay to buy gold (or any other high-priced item)? Assuming the seller has high feedback, is there any reason to think this wouldn't be a trustworthy source? The only reason I ask is because I am a little nervous transferring over $25k to a Web site I know nothing about, like many...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by mmims2 on Sun, Mar 1 2009
  • Where to buy gold?

    I'm thinking about buying some gold. Mises.org and LewRockwell.com are great places to convince people of the need to buy gold, but not so great at actually telling people HOW to buy gold. So-- Where are the best places to buy? Or, where are the best places to go for more information about how to...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by mmims2 on Wed, Feb 25 2009
  • Mandelbrot and Taleb think this crisis is going to be as bad as the American Revolution [video]

    Here's an interesting video I came across today which features Mandelbrot -- a mathematician famous for his work on fractals, and Taleb -- who's famous for his book "The Black Swan". What are your thoughts on the video and on their understanding of economic theory and the events happening...
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Bluebird on Mon, Dec 22 2008
  • Funds of ETFs based in the ABCT?

    Hi all, Is anyone aware of any investment funds or ETF/ETN that invest according to the Austrian Theory of the Business Cycle? A competent investment practitioner of ABCT surely would have done really well predicting losses in housing builders, investment banks, banks generally, consumer discretionary...
    Posted to General (Forum) by Mark W on Sun, Oct 12 2008
  • Re: (UK) investment advice for a beginner - gold/silver etc.

    OK firstly thank you to everyone for their sound advice it is really very much appreciated. I think I am much clearer now about how this all works but I still have a few suggested links I'm reading through. I think I can put the digital currencies on the backnurner for now, it seems a little complex...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by fingolfin on Tue, Oct 7 2008
  • foreigners hope to reap a bounty in Africa

    Check this article of the LA Times . They claim that Africa will be plundered by foreign investors who want to buy land, invest in irrigation and transfer technology. I consider at least risky, or even plain stupid, to invest in a country where exports can be blocked at anytime and the cries for nationalization...
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by gussosa on Mon, Sep 29 2008
  • Sabastian Mallaby: Sacrifice Innovation for a Lower Budget Deficit.

    "There's no doubt that Obama's higher tax rates would mean weaker incentives to work, take risks and innovate; and stronger incentives to waste time and effort on avoiding the tax man. But those bad effects must be weighed against a good one: Higher tax rates mean a lower budget deficit...
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by richie2044 on Tue, Sep 9 2008
Page 2 of 3 (26 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >